The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

It has been a excellent summer of business, especially if Coric/Bravo get done in the next few days. The only negative for me is that the full back position was a big need last summer as well and we still havent taken care of that position. Thats 2 summers now not filling the biggest weakness in the squad. We've started well this season but have already seen signs that, against the top teams Zab/Kolarov are going to struggle when having to defend against pace.
Just as well we've got Clichy, Angelino and Maffeo (on the bench today) then.

Wouldn't surprise me if we went back for Laporte. I have the same feeling regarding his transfer as I did for Delph's last summer.

The difference is Delph didn't sign a new contract doubling his price.

Laporte was going to cost £37m when we tried to sign him.

Now his buyout is £65m.

Absolutely no chance he comes here.

Assuming that Claudio Bravo arrives early next week, and there is movement out for Hart, Bony, Mangala, Nasri and Toure is it likely that our spending is done, or can we expect more signings ?

Any itk info / thoughts ?

Assuming that Claudio Bravo arrives early next week, and there is movement out for Hart, Bony, Mangala, Nasri and Toure is it likely that our spending is done, or can we expect more signings ?

Any itk info / thoughts ?

Anything can happen but it seems like most of our business is done. If we can move Hart, Bony, Mangala, Nasri and Toure then you never know but with Jesus joining in Jan and Gundogan, Sane still to get on the field, I think our squad is pretty much complete. Only rumour floating round at present, is that we are close to signing 19 year old, Ante Coric (CM) but still not clear if he'd be loaned out or added to the squad for this season.

Anything can happen but it seems like most of our business is done. If we can move Hart, Bony, Mangala, Nasri and Toure then you never know but with Jesus joining in Jan and Gundogan, Sane still to get on the field, I think our squad is pretty much complete. Only rumour floating round at present, is that we are close to signing 19 year old, Ante Coric (CM) but still not clear if he'd be loaned out or added to the squad for this season.

Ok thanks for that.

one thing that may come out of today is that Pep needs to be able to trust his squad enough to rotate. We saw that some of the players who had played all 3 games were a bit leggy, and it's very easy to drop points after an European tie.

His reluctance to use Fernando, Delph plus those sat at home is a bit concerning, because we'll end up knackered if he doesn't trust those players to come in and do a job, and rotate the side.

Maybe he's still trying to send the message that he wants 2/3 more, but many more weeks of 3 games in a row and our players will start to falter again.

Stones is so classic. But I'm really not sure about the rest of the defenders. Kolarov's forte is the offensive part
And I have not seen him this season helping the attack yet. otamendi awkward with the ball and Zaba is not the player he used to be two or three years ago. I think we need another CB

one thing that may come out of today is that Pep needs to be able to trust his squad enough to rotate. We saw that some of the players who had played all 3 games were a bit leggy, and it's very easy to drop points after an European tie.

His reluctance to use Fernando, Delph plus those sat at home is a bit concerning, because we'll end up knackered if he doesn't trust those players to come in and do a job, and rotate the side.

Maybe he's still trying to send the message that he wants 2/3 more, but many more weeks of 3 games in a row and our players will start to falter again.
I expect the Team on Wednesday will inc Willy, Zaba, Stones, Tosin, Kolarov, Navas, Delph, Nando, KDB, Kelechi & Nolito...

I expect Aguero, Sterling, Silva, Dino, Otamendi, Clichy to be rested

Bravo will play against West Ham..

Stones is so classic. But I'm really not sure about the rest of the defenders. Kolarov's forte is the offensive part
And I have not seen him this season helping the attack yet. otamendi awkward with the ball and Zaba is not the player he used to be two or three years ago. I think we need another CB
Have you watched the 3 games this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.