The awful congestion problem at CoMS

It might but frustrating but I have very little sympathy for people parking right next to the ground and then complaining about having to wait to get away.

Historically, you used to be have to park a fair distance away from most grounds, with most of them being surrounded by housing.

Now we have thousands of people who want to be able to stroll from the ground, 100m or so, into their car and expect to get away without any problems.

It isn't going to happen.

If you are lazy enough (and yes, I realise that there might be people whose medical problems mean they have to get close and this isn't addressed to them) to want to be so close, then the downside is that you are going to have to wait a long time on a congested matchday.

In fact, I would have them waiting a lot longer. I have no idea why they let that car park start to empty when there are hundreds of fans crossing the road at the same time. And then, a lot these selfish sods, start beeping if they are held up to allow fans to disperse.

Got no time for it myslef. If you are that desperate to get away early then there are two options. Leave early or park somewhere further away, where you will have very little problems with congestion.

But if you want tobe able to only drag your backside 100m to your turnstyle then you're going to have to accept the downside imo. Everyone knows it is congested in that car park so if people are that bothered about it then you'd think they'd consider it worth their while to work a bit further to a less congested car park.

only1paulsimpson said:
had paid for a season ticket,so was there all season, never again!! am still looking for a alternative for this season and tomorrow, cause my dad cant walk that far.

A season in there sounds like a complete nightmare! You see that's the thing, there are loads of people like yourself who have to park close to the stadium but there are very few decent options that I can see.

I do not take the people who run our club for granted, they are doing more for their supporters than any other club but I would think that this should be on their things to do list. There must be experts in this field who could make parking and leaving the ground a little more bearable.

Armitage said:
Car Park 1 should be for cars turning left at the lights

Car Park 2 should be for cars turning right at the lights

Simples...

What about the ones that haven't got a clue where they're going! Like the one in front of me that was going left, then into the middle in front of me, then right hand lane. Back in to the middle and ended up turning left which was what she could have done in the first lane she was.

Mind you it was a she. Should have expected it really ;-)

Actually think thats a good idea. Put barriers down middle of road. Would have to make sure everyone knew about it for first few games though. After a few matches anyone in wrong lane has to go that way.

Try emailing club with that one.

i park on aston road, about a 10 mins walk away, get to car about 5 and get back home in donny about 6- 25, i parked in a car park near ground and i wouldnt be home till 7-15

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
It might but frustrating but I have very little sympathy for people parking right next to the ground and then complaining about having to wait to get away.

Historically, you used to be have to park a fair distance away from most grounds, with most of them being surrounded by housing.

Now we have thousands of people who want to be able to stroll from the ground, 100m or so, into their car and expect to get away without any problems.

It isn't going to happen.

If you are lazy enough (and yes, I realise that there might be people whose medical problems mean they have to get close and this isn't addressed to them) to want to be so close, then the downside is that you are going to have to wait a long time on a congested matchday.

In fact, I would have them waiting a lot longer. I have no idea why they let that car park start to empty when there are hundreds of fans crossing the road at the same time. And then, a lot these selfish sods, start beeping if they are held up to allow fans to disperse.

Got no time for it myslef. If you are that desperate to get away early then there are two options. Leave early or park somewhere further away, where you will have very little problems with congestion.

But if you want tobe able to only drag your backside 100m to your turnstyle then you're going to have to accept the downside imo. Everyone knows it is congested in that car park so if people are that bothered about it then you'd think they'd consider it worth their while to work a bit further to a less congested car park.

What utter bollocks.

I have an 18 month old son who I wanted to take to the stadium today and I didn't want him to get wet on his way there. I am sure plenty of other people are in the same boat. I generally park further away from the ground and walk but there are times when I am in a rush to get to the game. On one occasion I got a ticket which stung me for £40 because I there was not easy option close to the stadium. Similarly there are people who don't get out of work or have to travel from outside of Manchester and who might miss the start of the match because they are pissing about trying to find decent places to park.

In this day and age there should be better facilities for people to get to as close to the ground as possible without having to lose an hour of their lives getting away. With the money that City are investing in improving other areas of the supporter experience this could be easily achieved.

we have to park in car park one as I take a disabled supporter in a wheelchair , if the stewards stopped people
1 parking on the road and causing cars to pull out to get round them ,this would help the flow
2 marshal the exits from the carparks to stop the free for all of people pushing in to get out of the car park and blocking the road ,
as for the idea that all people in cars should wait until the last slow walker has crossed the road what about an underpass or footbridge

I'm with JMA on this one. If you want to park your car 10 paces from the turnstile, then expect to zoom off in front of the 48,000 others, you are either on crack cocaine or a total pleb. Park a away from the ground and walk you lazy gaa laa's. FFS as a kid i used to WALK from northern moor to maine rd. (medical conditions not included)

Bus in from Town and walk back to Town before going out or home. Pointless doing anything else.

Perhaps more people were driving because a number of Buses weren't waiting like they do after a Match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.