urban genie 5
Shirley 2
norman 1
Shrimp 1
Adebayor's Skidmarks 1
Bill Walker 1
Mr Blue Moon 1
bigstanhibbert 1

21) Which of the Beatles is a national hero in Bangladesh?

Trick or contentious question, Decca offered to press the beatles records if they paid for it themselves as they could only afford to sign one band and opted for the at time more successful Tremeloes

Epstien declined, but put about the rumour they were rejected.

Both parties stuck to their versions of events though I cannot recall fully what epstiens claim was
Off the top of my head, I thought Epstein had offered to buy, via his NEMS shop, a substantial number of copies of any record Decca issued. However Dick Rowe was never told this. Had he been aware, he would have had to sign them as NEMS were one of their biggest retail outlets.

They weren't as good as The Smiths?
here-we.gif

Well done urban genie

My dad has the original boxed up vinyl recording, was this not also when that twat clapton started shagging Harrison wife on the sly

Off the top of my head, I thought Epstein had offered to buy, via his NEMS shop, a substantial number of copies of any record Decca issued. However Dick Rowe was never told this. Had he been aware, he would have had to sign them as NEMS were one of their biggest retail outlets.
According to Mark Lewisohn in his truly magnificent "Tune In vol 1", which I'd recommend as the ultimate in Beatles' books, Decca records were fully aware of Brian Epstein's importance to them as the owner of NEMS, because as a sweetener to turning the Beatles down (Lewisohn contends there were a number of determining factors in Decca's decision to opt for Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, the most notable of which were that Brian Poole was a close friend of Decca's lead engineer and that they were handy geographically speaking - Essex as opposed to Liverpool), Decca's executives took Epstein 'up West' for a lavish lunch that, with no little irony, cost more than it actually would have done for Decca to have hired the Beatles as well as the Tremeloes. The old story of different budgets for different departments!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.