The Beatles Quiz!

I'd like them far better if they weren't Scouse twats.

Or a bit shit.

And big Beatle fans..

As was everyone else on your "top of my head list"

Good point

Bee Gees -

Maurice Gibb ‘’I’ll be honest, we copied The Beatles. It was the only way people would even listen to you ‘’

ELO -

A lifelong Beatles fan, Jeff Lynne first met the Fab Four at Abbey Road when they were recording The White Album.

There is a saying in showbusiness that one should never meet their heroes, but clearly this didn’t apply to Jeff.

“I was blown away,” he beams. “Nobody had heard it yet, but there I was in Abbey Road, actually listening to it being made. I stayed for maybe half an hour, then I thought it would be polite to leave, because you feel a bit of a dick in that company. So I went back to where the Idle Race were recording and, of course, it didn’t sound quite so good.”

Rolling Stones -

Jagger

He then added how he felt sick to his stomach out of jealousy when he first heard ‘Love Me Do’ and realised just how good this long-haired Liverpool four-piece are: “But they had a record contract And they had a record on the charts, with a bluesy harmonica on it, called ‘Love Me Do.’ When I heard the combination of all these things, I was almost sick.”

The Rolling Stones man then thanked The Beatles for gifting them with ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, saying, “we were very grateful for that ’cause that really broke us in England. The example of the way they wrote, and the original way that they crafted their songs wasn’t lost on us.’’

Elvis -
Billy Smith contends that Elvis felt a musical connection with The Beatles. He explained as follows:

“He thought the early Beatles were really similar to his early music. He loved the loud, hard-driving sound that they had. He wanted that himself. Elvis was always fighting for his records to sound some other way than how they did … he wanted his records to sound raw … He’d play a Beatles record, and he’d say, ‘This is what I’m looking for right here. I want that drive back.’”

During his 1968 “Comeback” Special, Elvis made a rare public statement about The Beatles. “I really like a lot of the new groups—The Beatles, the Beards, and whatever,”

The Buggles -
Trevor Horn ‘My Life In Vinyl’

This album (With The Beatles) made me want to be in a band more than anything. The early Beatles records had so much energy - Most of the music I was playing at that point was either classical music in the orchestra, or the double bass with my dad’s band – I was 14 – and The Beatles were like a breath of fresh air. When I listen back to it now, I realise a lot of it was live recording and that it had that BBC sound to it: whereas in the 60s the Stones went to America and recorded at Chess on an MCI board – MCI boards sounded gritty, and the Stones’ records had a gritty kind of texture to them – The Beatles sounded like the BBC. But compared to everything else that was happening at the time it had so much freshness to it. It just banged at you from the get-go, and the sound of the three voices together was amazing. The harmonies was the best sound, and that had a huge impact on me at the time. It made me want to be a musician.”

Good point

Bee Gees -

Maurice Gibb ‘’I’ll be honest, we copied The Beatles. It was the only way people would even listen to you ‘’

ELO -

A lifelong Beatles fan, Jeff Lynne first met the Fab Four at Abbey Road when they were recording The White Album.

There is a saying in showbusiness that one should never meet their heroes, but clearly this didn’t apply to Jeff.

“I was blown away,” he beams. “Nobody had heard it yet, but there I was in Abbey Road, actually listening to it being made. I stayed for maybe half an hour, then I thought it would be polite to leave, because you feel a bit of a dick in that company. So I went back to where the Idle Race were recording and, of course, it didn’t sound quite so good.”

Rolling Stones -

Jagger

He then added how he felt sick to his stomach out of jealousy when he first heard ‘Love Me Do’ and realised just how good this long-haired Liverpool four-piece are: “But they had a record contract And they had a record on the charts, with a bluesy harmonica on it, called ‘Love Me Do.’ When I heard the combination of all these things, I was almost sick.”

The Rolling Stones man then thanked The Beatles for gifting them with ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, saying, “we were very grateful for that ’cause that really broke us in England. The example of the way they wrote, and the original way that they crafted their songs wasn’t lost on us.’’

Elvis -
Billy Smith contends that Elvis felt a musical connection with The Beatles. He explained as follows:

“He thought the early Beatles were really similar to his early music. He loved the loud, hard-driving sound that they had. He wanted that himself. Elvis was always fighting for his records to sound some other way than how they did … he wanted his records to sound raw … He’d play a Beatles record, and he’d say, ‘This is what I’m looking for right here. I want that drive back.’”

During his 1968 “Comeback” Special, Elvis made a rare public statement about The Beatles. “I really like a lot of the new groups—The Beatles, the Beards, and whatever,”

The Buggles -
Trevor Horn ‘My Life In Vinyl’

This album (With The Beatles) made me want to be in a band more than anything. The early Beatles records had so much energy - Most of the music I was playing at that point was either classical music in the orchestra, or the double bass with my dad’s band – I was 14 – and The Beatles were like a breath of fresh air. When I listen back to it now, I realise a lot of it was live recording and that it had that BBC sound to it: whereas in the 60s the Stones went to America and recorded at Chess on an MCI board – MCI boards sounded gritty, and the Stones’ records had a gritty kind of texture to them – The Beatles sounded like the BBC. But compared to everything else that was happening at the time it had so much freshness to it. It just banged at you from the get-go, and the sound of the three voices together was amazing. The harmonies was the best sound, and that had a huge impact on me at the time. It made me want to be a musician.”
And all the above (maybe not Buggles) recorded Beatle songs.....Wern't The BG's stars of the show Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band ?

But of course, the Beatles were "shite" PMSL.

Maintainin 20
urban genie 16
Bill Walker 12
Shrimp 10
bigstanhibbert 7
Shuffs 5
Shirley 4
Millo 3
Mad Eyed Screamer 3
Whichonespink 2
JOGAMIGMOG 2
norman 2
David El Mago Silva 1
dublinblue12 1
Adebayor's Skidmarks 1
Mr Blue Moon 1
mancity1 1
Exeter Blue I am here 1
meltonblue 1

95) Which of The Beatles was not allowed to eat sweets as a child, except for one barley sugar at night ?

Maintainin 20
urban genie 16
Bill Walker 12
Shrimp 10
bigstanhibbert 7
Shuffs 5
Shirley 4
Millo 3
Mad Eyed Screamer 3
Whichonespink 2
JOGAMIGMOG 2
norman 2
David El Mago Silva 1
dublinblue12 1
Adebayor's Skidmarks 1
Mr Blue Moon 1
mancity1 1
Exeter Blue I am here 1
meltonblue 1

95) Which of The Beatles was not allowed to eat sweets as a child, except for one barley sugar at night ?
Ringo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.