The Beatles through the years...

Corden is such a ****!

Hard to watch with him creeping up to his guests.

Dead right. The fake tears over Let It Be, the OTT self congratulatory laughing and clapping, the made up “my grandad sat me down and said I’m going to play you some great music” story, and that massive fat head sticking up out of his jumper. The whole programme is just a vehicle to show off his own singing. The bloke’s an utter fake and I marvel that he has his own talk show in the States. About as funny as a rectal prolapse. The live jukebox thing in the Philharmonic pub was a good idea, but overall I was as disappointed to see McCartney sign up for it as I was when he sold his soul to fucking Cowell. He’s always a sucker for an opportunity to play the local boy made good and indulge in a bit of inverted snobbery though. Neither Lennon nor Harrison would have touched it with a 10ft pole

Dead right. The fake tears over Let It Be, the OTT self congratulatory laughing and clapping, the made up “my grandad sat me down and said I’m going to play you some great music” story, and that massive fat head sticking up out of his jumper. The whole programme is just a vehicle to show off his own singing. The bloke’s an utter fake and I marvel that he has his own talk show in the States. About as funny as a rectal prolapse. The live jukebox thing in the Philharmonic pub was a good idea, but overall I was as disappointed to see McCartney sign up for it as I was when he sold his soul to fucking Cowell. He’s always a sucker for an opportunity to play the local boy made good and indulge in a bit of inverted snobbery though. Neither Lennon nor Harrison would have touched it with a 10ft pole

Whilst I dont like Corden one bit, and I can be as grumpy as you about stuff like Corden :)
.....its perfectly plausible that his granddad was a Beatle fan and did play him those songs. So you dont know whether its made up or your, whereas we do know that your indignation is not based on fact, but on your obvious hatred for Corden.

Paul has spent a lot of time in Liverpool and I dont think you suggesting he does it to play some ego role will stop him.
I admire him for doing stuff like this, and he gave those fans a day they will never forget.
Good onya Paul, wish Id have been there.

Whilst I dont like Corden one bit, and I can be as grumpy as you about stuff like Corden :)
.....its perfectly plausible that his granddad was a Beatle fan and did play him those songs. So you dont know whether its made up or your, whereas we do know that your indignation is not based on fact, but on your obvious hatred for Corden.

Paul has spent a lot of time in Liverpool and I dont think you suggesting he does it to play some ego role will stop him.
I admire him for doing stuff like this, and he gave those fans a day they will never forget.
Good onya Paul, wish Id have been there.

You're correct, I don't know if he made it up or not, but my dislike of Corden notwithstanding, given that the tears over 'Let it Be' reeked of staged insincerity, I'd be willing to bet that the 'grandad story', which was suspiciously generic and entirely consistent with Corden's carefully managed 'everyman' persona, was cut from the same cloth. And I didn't say that McCartney's motivation for taking part was ego driven, but rather that he is (and again I acknowledge this is mere opinion) a sucker for inverted snobbery. I also know that he has in the past spent time in Liverpool as my brother-in-law's family were friends with one of his aunts, whose New Years Eve parties he used to attend on a regular basis.
I'd be interested to know though whether you also said 'Good onya Paul' when he appeared on Cowell's circus of musical exploitation? I just think that sometimes he makes decisions he perhaps shouldn't.....and you know I say that as someone who is as big a fan of the man as you are

iIQJHS1.jpg

Got to be able to pay the ex’s alimony somehow. I think he got a rough deal over Heather Mills, he really loved the woman and proved it by buying her a plane for her birthday. At Christmas he bought her a stocking for the other leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.