The best beach you've been to.

Silvercloud said:
Just spent the last few hours on Fig Tree Bay Beach in protaras in Cyprus. Best European beach I've been on but I can see it getting very crowded at peak times.
Fig Tree is brilliant, it can get crowded in April never mind peak season, loads of Swedes go to Protaras in April

[bigimg]http://www.australiantraveller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/004.-Hill-Inlet-Whitsunday-island-QLD-Image-By-Ken-Duncan.jpg[/bigimg]

I cant see it ever being beaten

Silvercloud said:
Just spent the last few hours on Fig Tree Bay Beach in protaras in Cyprus. Best European beach I've been on but I can see it getting very crowded at peak times.

Nissi beach is also nice which is just around the corner from Fig Tree in Ayia Napa.
I was sunbathing on Nissi Beach a few years back now and a fella by the name of Mike Sheron come down and parked himself beside me with his wife, i don't think his wife was too impressed though as we ended up talking about footy all afternoon.

A big shout goes out for these two:

Clearwater beach in Florida

clearwater-beach-florida.jpg

A hidden beach on Marieta Islands just off the coast of Puerto Vallarta Mexico

The+Hidden+Beach+in+the+Marieta+Islands.jpg

Maya Bay aka The Beach, Thailand.
Whitsunday island
Waikiki, hawaii for the talent
Cable beach Broome, west australia

I had my bag stolen on the 'beach' in Nice last year, so it doesn't have fond memories for me!

Most have already been mentioned, but Whitehaven beach is stunning. The boat I was on stayed there overnight, so we had the beach to ourselves the following morning, bliss.
Went to Cuba in March, that had the postcard perfect blue sea and golden sand.
Cottesloe beach in Perth is lovely. Fell asleep on it during my travels a few years ago.

It's not particularly pretty, but Kuta beach in Bali is fun. Biggest waves I've ever seen and the sea was as warm as a bath.

paphos-mcfc said:
Go on then. Mines Gerakas and Agios Nikolaos beaches in Zante and the beach in Vokolida here in sunny Cyprus.

The sand dunes at Jericoacoara in Brazil take some beating, a mental outpost where you have to get a retired marine landing craft to get there. You could quite easily lose yourself in this gaff, the sunset is excellent

Playa Conchal on the pacific side of costa rica is pretty smart too, saw a whale with its cub whilst lay on the beach, the day after spending $60 on a shit boat in choppy waters vainly searching for the whales, whilst spewing last nights excesses back into the sea

The next beach down from Unawatuna, Marissa ( i think) in Sri Lanka is pretty smart too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.