The best British film

city2

I'm gonna go for Zulu, The Long Good Friday and Get Carter what do you guys think

image.jpg

Apart from Jimmy Grimble (which is number 1 for obvious reasons), Britain's best at making comedies, rather than all-out serious films which invariably end up being Downton Abbey type shite.

So Mike Bassett
David Brent: Life on the Road
Four Lions
The Inbetweeners
Lock Stock
Snatch
Dr Strangelove (although arguably more American)
Trainspotting 1+2
Sacha Baron Cohen films
Kevin and Perry Go Large

Of the serious British films and of the ones that probably won't be mentioned, I thought The Ghost Writer was a good film, one for the conspiracy theorists on here.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go for Zulu, The Long Good Friday and Get Carter what do you guys think
Zulu and get Carter are 2 absolute classics and both starred caine although Stanley baker was the main star of Zulu .

Withnail and I

Depends how you define British. Can we claim Kubrick's stuff?

I think we can claim A Clockwork Orange (written by Harpurhey's finest) and probably Barry Lyndon, maybe half of Dr Strangelove just because of Peter Sellers and obviously the filming location. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider many of Hitchcock's films or Nolan's films to be British.

There are so many good British gangster films out there, a few already mentioned like A Long Good Friday and several of Guy Richie's films. And the 60s/70s Caine films like Get Carter abd Blow Up.

Not mentioned yet but Layer Cake and most of Shane Meadow's films for me too like Dead Man's Shoes, A Room For Romeo Brass and This is England.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hammer house of horror....50's stuff

curse of Frankenstein,the Raven, house on the hill ..etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.