The best ever combined Manchester band

From a musical viewpoint, there has not been another songwriter or musician from Manchester who has been as consistent, original or ground breaking, as Bernard Sumner.
Gibb brothers were the greatest Manchester songwriters in history.

The trio racked up nine US Billboard No. 1 singles — more than any other group in history save for the Beatles (with 20) and the Supremes (12). Of their chart-topping hits, their biggest is “How Deep Is Your Love,” which reigned for three weeks in 1977 and spent 33 weeks on the chart — the group’s longest-running single.

An immense achievement.

So many to choose from , 10cc dreadlock , Eric Stewart , Droylsdens finest.

Has anyone read Eric Stewart’s autobiography “Things I do for Love” ? Only available as an e-book but I’d be interested to see if people think it’s worth reading

Gibb brothers were the greatest Manchester songwriters in history.

The trio racked up nine US Billboard No. 1 singles — more than any other group in history save for the Beatles (with 20) and the Supremes (12). Of their chart-topping hits, their biggest is “How Deep Is Your Love,” which reigned for three weeks in 1977 and spent 33 weeks on the chart — the group’s longest-running single.

An immense achievement.
Barry Gibb will have written some number ones too - Chain Reaction, Grease, Islands In The Stream, Woman in love plus others

I can't believe Mick Hucknall hasn't been mentioned. Great voice, personality and charisma. I know he's a rag but come on he surely deserves to be in the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.