The best i have ever seen.

briand

Im only 29 years old so i haven't had the pleasure of watching the great Brazil teams of old or the great Holland team of the 70's although i've seen them on clips and the odd documentry here and there.
Having said that i think the current Barcelona team is the best footballing side ive ever seen by quite a bit. The way they hold onto the ball and zip it around is nothing short of spectacular. It is just a joy to watch.

What do the rest of you fellow blues think?

barcelona 5 real madrid 0 was the finest footballing performance i have ever seen.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
davymcfc said:
barcelona 5 real madrid 0 was the finest footballing performance i have ever seen.

really it was amazing but i thought madrid were very poor that day
real madrid have been good this season. they have the best manager in the world but i believe barca made them look very poor that night. messi was unbelievable with his passing and vision. was a pure joy to watch. i dont think i have ever seen a team beat its title rival before that comprehensively. maybe apart from the rags beating arsenal 6-1 a few years ago.

davymcfc said:

without iniesta and xavi,side by side,i think you stand a bit of a chance,
but with them two in there,your fucked!!!

answer to the OP..i agree,barca by far for me.

For a glorious display of football at it's very best, have a look at Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt, the European Cup final in Glasgow in 1960.

In my lifetime, I have to say Brazil v Italy in the world cup in Spain in 1982.

LongsightM13 said:
They are right up there with the best of all time and anyone who says differently is living in the past

Or maybe just got a longer memory?

They are certainly up there but Brazil 1970 was the definitive team for me. Certainly attack-wise.

"The Brazil side of 1970 was arguably the greatest side ever to take to the field. The World Cup winners from Mexico have gone down in history with names such as Pele, Rivelino and Jairzinho etched like jewels in football's collective memory."

In case anyone remembers:

Felix
Carlos Alberto Torres, Hercules Brito, Wilson Piazza, Everaldo
Clodoaldo, Gerson
Tostao, Rivelino, Pele, Jairzinho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.