The best Stan and Ollie Film Which one is Yours?

The Dance scene in way out west ,absolutely comedy at its very best . I read a biography from Stan and it was truly heartbreaking at the end. Great thread truly deserved one these two.

Heard somewhere that he insisted on a contract that paid him twice as much as Ollie.
He wanted Babe and himself released from The Contract drawn up from Hal Roach
His was ending and Babe's was ending a short while later
I understand he disputed Roach's Claim they were his Creation , Stan totally denied this
Babe stayed with Roche and filmed Xenophobia much to Stan's Disapproval

It’s a great thread this really enjoying all the clips etc brilliant memories we have , should be shown more on national tv rather than the tripe we’re served up. As with with most successful teams there’s them ready to shoot them down we know that more than most , I’ve always found it odd and difficult/ dissatisfying that people try and bring them down they were in my eyes from what I’ve read in both of awe of each other.
I very much doubt we’d of had dads army , captain mainwaring sgt Wilson , steptoe and son and Del and and Rodney. To name a few.

Our Relations has me in stiches. Classis James Finlayson d'oh and double takes.

A Chump at Oxford , way out west , sons of the desert. I even called my Son Oliver … so we’re Stan and Oli was a member of the Be Big tent years ago then formed our own the ( Pardon us ) tent

Used to watch them in the summer holidays as a kid & I vaguely remember a scene where Hardy is pacing up & down waiting for an very important phone call, the phone rings, Stan picks it up, listens for a bit, says "it certainly is" and puts the phone down,
Hardy says "who was that" & Stan says "some bloke saying its a long distance from Tennassee"
Still makes me smile :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.