The Big Match Revisited (ITV)

I'm sure on the intro to the programme there is footage of Dennis Tueart's overhead kick winner against Newcastle in the 1976 League Cup Final.
There was also an interview on today's game ( Spurs vs Everton October 1976) with Alfie Conn.
I don't remember him at all playing for Spurs, but apparently he was the 1st player post WW2 to play for both Celtic and Rangers!!
And even better Spurs were winning 3-1 with 5 minutes to go, and Everton managed to score 2 late goals and snatch a point from Spurs (Bob Latchford got the equalizer).
And I am pretty sure that was the season when Spurs got relegated to Division Two.

Last edited:
I'm sure on the intro to the programme there is footage of Denis Tueart's overhead kick winner against Newcastle in the 1976 League Cup Final.

yep its there in all its glory - back then it was unheard of for an English player to do that in a filmed match - I remember everyone was in awe of Dennis for that

Brian Moore with a nice little plug for Pat Jennings testimonial game at WHL in which a select Spurs side would play a select Arsenal side.
He mentioned that both Jimmy Greaves and Cyril Knowles would play for Spurs.
And the TV programme finished with a selection of some of the great saves that Pat had made over the years.
He really was a fantastic goalkeeper,he made some incredible saves!!!

Yesterday I watched City beat Ipswich 2-1 '77 I think. Dave Watsons header was..... out of this world, probably the best headed goal I have ever seen, up there with Paul Lake v United and Vinny, funnily enough against the same opposition. I think Watsons goal was marginally better.... the power and the direction and the accuracy....

Yesterday I watched City beat Ipswich 2-1 '77 I think. Dave Watsons header was..... out of this world, probably the best headed goal I have ever seen, up there with Paul Lake v United and Vinny, funnily enough against the same opposition. I think Watsons goal was marginally better.... the power and the direction and the accuracy....
i was at that game probably the best headed goal ive ever seen

Paul Lake ....do you mean Mick Mccarthy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.