The biggest act of hypocrisy in football?

ChippyPerthBlue said:
Manchester City are ruining football !!!!!!!!

This statement fcuking ranckles with me, especially when the press and supporters of other clubs jump on the bandwagon,

So what about a few of these points

Borrowing millions from the banks,
Going into receivership,
Not paying players and creditors,
Floating on the stock exchange,
Selling tv rights to the highest bidder who then puts games on whenever they want.

Well to be fair a lot of that is people trying to buy success with no thought to their bank balance and going into administration. They pay the penalty for their exuberance so I don't think it's hypocritical.

However, It's bollocks that people expect clubs like Liverpool to be given special treatment from their creditors because of who they are, and then they pay £90,000 a week for Joe Cole!? Too many clubs ignore the consequences of their irresponsible spending and debt and I wish they were cracked down on already.

"City are ruining the national side by buying foreigners"

Just remind me of the nationality of the scorers in the Community Shield again..........

Ol' Red Nose: "The haranguing of referees is absolutely ridiculous - we know that. It's not right. We see it as an issue. Since the situation with Andy D'Urso, we've not done anything like that." (Back in March 2008...)

Just remembered another one - Steve Bruce complaining about clubs putting bids in for his players and disrupting his club. Presumably just before he walks out himself...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.