The Blue Union's Meeting With Bill Kenwright

bluemanc said:
The Moores Littlewoods pools family bankrolled Everton bigtime,the stadium issue should have been looked at aswell as building a team that would win everything.
They did the same with Liverpool,don't forget L'pool didn't win the FA cup until 1966 and didn't win a Euro Trophy until after us,History eh!
Indeed, it's very easy to cling onto Istree (tm) yet be very selective about what is contained within it.

Fuck em. Fuck em all I say.

The Swales comparisons aren't right imo. Yes he was out of his depth but at least Swales tried to compete with our neighbours. This clown at everton has no ambition at all other than survival. And no real money or access to it. If he was as True Blue as he claims to be he would be moving heaven and earth to sell the club and put them on a better footing with new owner/s.

Think he's more Wardle. Isn't the biggest shareholder but is Chairman. Fragmented share ownership restricts outside investment. Needs to clear the decks like we did with Shinawatra.

But hopefully they don't after all the invective we got from them. And I will smile at their misfortune. Keep it up Bill ;-)

Balti said:
The Swales comparisons aren't right imo. Yes he was out of his depth but at least Swales tried to compete with our neighbours. This clown at everton has no ambition at all other than survival. And no real money or access to it. If he was as True Blue as he claims to be he would be moving heaven and earth to sell the club and put them on a better footing with new owner/s.

Think he's more Wardle. Isn't the biggest shareholder but is Chairman. Fragmented share ownership restricts outside investment. Needs to clear the decks like we did with Shinawatra.

But hopefully they don't after all the invective we got from them. And I will smile at their misfortune. Keep it up Bill ;-)
That's what I said he was 50% Swales and 50% Wardle. He has the deviousness of Swales, using his friends to buy holdings to protect him but the haplessness of Wardle.

Braggster said:
moomba said:
I'd be happy for us to loan them a few players, even pay a good percentage of their wages if Moyes wasn't such a twat. It would be decent experience at a big club, and they always seem to take points off our competitors (not to mention us).

But Moyes is a twat and he forfeited any right to assistance from us with repeated attacks on the club.
Odd though it is to say, I now sympathise with Moyes over that. His attacks were ludicrous, and the above makes clear that they'd be in administration now were it not for the Lescott money, but you can understand the frustration of a manager working within these constraints seeing a club that had been managed less well suddenly having the resources he needed to keep his club competitive. I have no doubt he felt Hughes didn't deserve that luck, whereas he did. And he was right on that score.

What on earth are you talking about here?

It's about clubs, not managers.

Why did Gollum deserve any luck at all?

If he had huge ambition, he could probably have moved on to a bigger job before now, yet he has chosen to stay there, he made his bed, he can lie in it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Balti said:

That's what I said he was 50% Swales and 50% Wardle. He has the deviousness of Swales, using his friends to buy holdings to protect him but the haplessness of Wardle.

Just given me a timely reminder of how blessed we are.

If I was an Evertonian reading that I'd be in tears

Bilboblue said:
Braggster said:
moomba said:
I'd be happy for us to loan them a few players, even pay a good percentage of their wages if Moyes wasn't such a twat. It would be decent experience at a big club, and they always seem to take points off our competitors (not to mention us).

But Moyes is a twat and he forfeited any right to assistance from us with repeated attacks on the club.
Odd though it is to say, I now sympathise with Moyes over that. His attacks were ludicrous, and the above makes clear that they'd be in administration now were it not for the Lescott money, but you can understand the frustration of a manager working within these constraints seeing a club that had been managed less well suddenly having the resources he needed to keep his club competitive. I have no doubt he felt Hughes didn't deserve that luck, whereas he did. And he was right on that score.

What on earth are you talking about here?

It's about clubs, not managers.

Why did Gollum deserve any luck at all?

If he had huge ambition, he could probably have moved on to a bigger job before now, yet he has chosen to stay there, he made his bed, he can lie in it.

A bigger job than Everton? Does such a thing exist?

As an Everton fan just registered to thank you City fans, beyond the usual invective us supporters can't help but give out I detect a majority view of sympathy.
Used to hate going to Maine Rd back in the day of Marsh, Tueart et al because we always got fucked over but the shite you've had to deal with since - I hope you win everything and ram it right up the tourist trap Merchandiser Utd.
I don't feel sorry for myself just pissed that this **** kenwright gets away with shite "because he's a blue", many of us have had him down as a self serving crook for a while but getting through to the rank and file is like pulling teeth, hopefully this revelation will be the start. Always thought you were a cut above sticking with your team through thick and thin just goes to show I was right - real fans with real class - '99 play off final was one of the greatest games I ever saw. Good luck lads, and thanks again from one true blue to many.

kenwrightwat said:
As an Everton fan just registered to thank you City fans, beyond the usual invective us supporters can't help but give out I detect a majority view of sympathy.
Used to hate going to Maine Rd back in the day of Marsh, Tueart et al because we always got fucked over but the shite you've had to deal with since - I hope you win everything and ram it right up the tourist trap Merchandiser Utd.
I don't feel sorry for myself just pissed that this **** kenwright gets away with shite "because he's a blue", many of us have had him down as a self serving crook for a while but getting through to the rank and file is like pulling teeth, hopefully this revelation will be the start. Always thought you were a cut above sticking with your team through thick and thin just goes to show I was right - real fans with real class - '99 play off final was one of the greatest games I ever saw. Good luck lads, and thanks again from one true blue to many.

We had Swales strangling the life out off our club for over 20 years!

Unless your fans start protests Ken will be around till he drops..

He's blinded by the love of his club

kenwrightwat said:
Good to see you on the forum. I've got quite a few Everton supporting friends and relatives so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them but we do seem to get more stick from you lot than any other team's fans.

I think it might be to do with the fact that we used to be brothers-in-arms in many ways unril recently. The less fashionable club in our city, struggling along without a pot to piss in, living in the shadow of a seemingly all powerful red neighbour. You had to be a real fan to be a blue in Manchester & Liverpool whereas the other side attract hordes of glory-hunters who would struggle to place the ground on a map.

Kenwright has been very good at getting the sympathy vote from the media; a fan who is the chairman always gets good press. People assume he can do no wrong but you now know what we knew 20 years ago; that some are more interested in hanging onto the glory and trappings of power than doing the right thing for their club if that might involve sacrificing some of that.

Kenwright, like Swales, seems to help his pals make money at the expense of the club. It seems that Robert Earl is providing the latest loan, at a hefty rate of interest, so he'll make a tidy sum out of your financial difficulties.

The true fans are the only people who really care about their clubs and, as waspish said, you have to get organised and set the agenda, making it uncomfortable for Kenwright. If you go about it the right way, you might even expose some splits among the major shareholders, which is what forced City to sell to Thaksin, when they'd been giving us the same old bull about tirelessly searching for investment for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.