The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

#10​

#9​

#8​

#7​

#6​

#4​

#3​

#1​

Profound or ironic? I don't think so.

So pleased, by the way, that you have studied me so much that you know exactly how much I have/haven't listened to NO before offering my opinion. Apologies that it isn't worth anything like as much as your high and mighty exalted one :-)
Not sure what Sumner was supposed to do.
Ian Curtis was a troubled fella who bared his soul, through his lyrics. Not sure how Sumner could even attempt to replicate or come close to what Joy Division did lyrically. How do you follow the guy who killed himself and spoke if his misery through his lyrics.
Sumner had no choice but to go pretty much the other way.

Musically, New Order as far more influential and important, compared to Joy Division.

#10​

#9​

#8​

#7​

#6​

#4​

#3​

#1​

Profound or ironic? I don't think so.

So pleased, by the way, that you have studied me so much that you know exactly how much I have/haven't listened to NO before offering my opinion. Apologies that it isn't worth anything like as much as your high and mighty exalted one :-)
Think you lost your argument when you put the John Barnes rap at #2! :P

Not sure what Sumner was supposed to do.
Ian Curtis was a troubled fella who bared his soul, through his lyrics. Not sure how Sumner could even attempt to replicate or come close to what Joy Division did lyrically. How do you follow the guy who killed himself and spoke if his misery through his lyrics.
Sumner had no choice but to go pretty much the other way.

Musically, New Order as far more influential and important, compared to Joy Division.
I think JD can lay a pretty decent claim to being more influential, but it doesn't really matter, as I consider the two fraternal twins and their overall output stem to stern pretty spectacular. But you make a very good point about Barney being banal/boring almost as a counterweight to IC. I bet if Steve Morris had ended up as lead singer as was considered we'd have seen a not-dissimilar set of lyrics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.