The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

Soft cell easily the best song, not sure I would have put that 12 inch version up @Mad Eyed Screamer though. The intro sounds like something a kid is playing on a Yamaha synthesizer from the early 80's. And it goes on too long.

Think that early doors noodling is Dave Tofani on the clarinet?

Normally I'd agree, just post the normal single version but putting aside the Finbar Saunders comments about 12 inchers, personally I do like this version a lot.

Think that early doors noodling is Dave Tofani on the clarinet?

Normally I'd agree, just post the normal single version but putting aside the Finbar Saunders comments about 12 inchers, personally I do like this version a lot.

Yeah those Yamaha's could copy all sorts of instruments hence the gag.

Of all the 80's pop stuff Soft Cell first songs still stand the test of time.
Duran Duran,ABC,Depeche Mode,Spandau Ballet and the likes are nowhere near as good as early Soft Cell.
Add on their records catch the early 80's perfectly the way that Rubettes record catches the early 70's perfectly.

Of all the 80's pop stuff Soft Cell first songs still stand the test of time.
Duran Duran,ABC,Depeche Mode,Spandau Ballet and the likes are nowhere near as good as early Soft Cell.
Add on their records catch the early 80's perfectly the way that Rubettes record catches the early 70's perfectly.
Haha, DM are literally selling out world tours, I think they have stood the test of time!

My vote (which I won't count unless needed!) Is for Soft Cell. This song is The finest 12 inches I've ever touched with my hands......
Hated this group (soft cell) personally. Only song I liked was Torch. They ruined Tainted Love. Question is much better IMO and was only kept off No1 by ‘Back Home’ in 1970. So, my vote is question… a Moodies masterpiece, a collection of songs in one. PS… the video cuts off too early and misses the reprise of the song.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.