The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

ETS is a hauntingly brilliant electro pop classic, with a stunning video.

Live forever is a rather simple pub rock song, that sounds great when belting it out in a field, after a few beers.

Both have played big parts in my life at different times. But, if you are judging on the quality of song, ETS pisses this.

Tad harsh on Oasis that but I agree ETS is the better song.

I love Live Forever and loved Oasis at the time. But if you take any emotional attachment away, ETS is clearly the better song.
Live Forever has Noels attempt at a John Squire guitar solo, yet the Martin Gore simple guitar riff even sounds better.
Deoeche Mode were using 1980's synths and technology, yet Live Forever sounds more dated.

ETS is a hauntingly brilliant electro pop classic, with a stunning video.

Live forever is a rather simple pub rock song, that sounds great when belting it out in a field, after a few beers.

Both have played big parts in my life at different times. But, if you are judging on the quality of song, ETS pisses this.
The bolded bit is as correct as correct can be.

I love Oasis and I love Live forever. But Enjoy the silence is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time. I absolutely love that song, so ETS for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.