The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Looking forward to this.

It’s nicely set out and all the rules are perfectly clear.

Therefore I predict some whinging/moaning soon, although you’ve even covered this with clause 10.

The sooner you people who go to the trouble and time to organise these threads for our entertainment realise that the rest of us will never ever be satisfied with your imperfect efforts the better :-)

(Alternatively we should just commit to heart Roosevelt's 'man in the arena' speech' and just say thank you.)

Capture-2.png

Here we go !

All 160 songs have been randomly selected and each day a fixture will go head to head.

Thankyou to all the contributors (32!) who have submitted - for those who did not submit you can still join in the fun and have a vote.

It's all pretty simple, vote publicly for the song you prefer!

However some rules -

1. Do not reveal your submitted songs! all selections will be revealed at the end.
2. If your song progresses it will get 4 points
3. The vote difference between each song will also be rewarded points (ie: if your song gets 10 votes and the opposition song gets 8 votes - you win 2 extra points)
4. At the end of each round every posters points (not songs) will be revealed in a league table format
5. The rounds will be as follows
- Round 1 = 80 tracks v 80 tracks
- Round 2= 40 v 40
- Round 3- 20 v 20
- Round 4- 10 v 10
- Round 5- 5 v 5
(we then lose one of the last 5 tracks based on historic voting - the least goes out)
Semi Final
Final

6. You can vote for your own nomination (or not!)
7. A minimum of 10 votes is required before we move on to the next fixture - there can be no draw so will await a final vote if its still tied.
8. will try and present each fixture daily
9. Your nominations can face each other - each draw is randomly selected by wheelpicker.com
10. No sulking, moaning and being a fanny - It's a bit of fun!
11. the highest points winner will receive a signed Gareth Southgate autobiography

Good luck!

(First kick off will be 7pm tonight)
Given the prize I want to withdraw my nomination in case I win…

Anyway I’m currently on holiday on Kos so the vote from the Greek jury goes to…

James

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.