The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

FFS. I know you're not supposed to out yourself, first rule of song club and all that malarkey but for my sanity I need to share my tale of woe here.

TSAGSA was my choice of a Top 10 Single. I say my choice, I actually nominated something else but BH said it was already taken. (That song went on to batter it's opponent in probably the single biggest kicking of the round so far).

Fair enough I thought I suppose that can happen so here's another choice then mate...but nah sorry mate that's already taken too says BH, you'll have to pick another one.

So this was actually my third choice song but you know, never mind it's still one of the great pop songs featuring one of the greatest ever pop voices. So it should still do alright I think to myself......against most things.

So imagine my delight to find it up against a song the lyrics of which were literally fucking draped around our stadium. Oh well never mind another one bites the dust for me. But no Mr Bloody Hammer and his evil cup competition aren't done with me yet are they?

My pick starts getting a decent number of votes and takes a nice little lead, my faith in the good taste of the forum is restored and I'm getting a little bit hopeful. What a foolishly niave twatfaced dunderhead I am. Just as it's looking positive, the fans of Burnage's answer to Pinky and fucking Perky emerge from the woodwork for a late surge and me and the boys Walker are done for.

But not without a little bit of extra salt in the wound. Someone, a mod no less, can be arsed to post to express their preference for the walker brothers but can't be arsed to then actually press the like button. Et tu Jimbo?

So goodbye dry eyes and goodbye the glorious mellifluous baritone of Scott Engels. You managed to score by some margin the highest votes in defeat and a score that wins all but a handful of matches but you are still banished by the, in comparison, syphilitic banshee wail of the lesser monobrowed Gallagher brother.

My second attempted choice in this category hasn't come up yet but out of sheer spite I'm tempted to vote against it even if it's up against the fucking birdy song.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this thread, you're doing great job BH, crack on mate ;-)

Right having got that off me chest I'm off out to guitarguitar. As Captain Oates said, I may be gone some time you bunch of absolute 'kin Philistines (not the 28 who share my excellent music taste obvs).

Fender for me.
I have had a lifelong loathing of Hendrix since he disrupted the Lulu show in 1975.

FFS. I know you're not supposed to out yourself, first rule of song club and all that malarkey but for my sanity I need to share my tale of woe here.

TSAGSA was my choice of a Top 10 Single. I say my choice, I actually nominated something else but BH said it was already taken. (That song went on to batter it's opponent in probably the single biggest kicking of the round so far).

Fair enough I thought I suppose that can happen so here's another choice then mate...but nah sorry mate that's already taken too says BH, you'll have to pick another one.

So this was actually my third choice song but you know, never mind it's still one of the great pop songs featuring one of the greatest ever pop voices. So it should still do alright I think to myself......against most things.

So imagine my delight to find it up against a song the lyrics of which were literally fucking draped around our stadium. Oh well never mind another one bites the dust for me. But no Mr Bloody Hammer and his evil cup competition aren't done with me yet are they?

My pick starts getting a decent number of votes and takes a nice little lead, my faith in the good taste of the forum is restored and I'm getting a little bit hopeful. What a foolishly niave twatfaced dunderhead I am. Just as it's looking positive, the fans of Burnage's answer to Pinky and fucking Perky emerge from the woodwork for a late surge and me and the boys Walker are done for.

But not without a little bit of extra salt in the wound. Someone, a mod no less, can be arsed to post to express their preference for the walker brothers but can't be arsed to then actually press the like button. Et tu Jimbo?

So goodbye dry eyes and goodbye the glorious mellifluous baritone of Scott Engels. You managed to score by some margin the highest votes in defeat and a score that wins all but a handful of matches but you are still banished by the, in comparison, syphilitic banshee wail of the lesser monobrowed Gallagher brother.

My second attempted choice in this category hasn't come up yet but out of sheer spite I'm tempted to vote against it even if it's up against the fucking birdy song.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this thread, you're doing great job BH, crack on mate ;-)

Right having got that off me chest I'm off out to guitarguitar. As Captain Oates said, I may be gone some time you bunch of absolute 'kin Philistines (not the 28 who share my excellent music taste obvs).
Posted like a scouser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.