The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Oh my God, not again! I don't think I can bear some of these results much longer.
Big hits vs. good (but not great) songs from beloved bands. We've had this issue come up quite a bit. League One side starts their best vs. Prem side starting the B team. The magic of the cup. However, me calling EW&F League One is an insult to them. Great band -- novel sound, super-influential and a kick in the pants.

Big hits vs. good (but not great) songs from beloved bands. We've had this issue come up quite a bit. League One side starts their best vs. Prem side starting the B team. The magic of the cup. However, me calling EW&F League One is an insult to them. Great band -- novel sound, super-influential and a kick in the pants.
I know there's a lot of people who like that 70s soul/funk thing. I'm not one of them, but each to their own.
I'm not moaning because it's a popularity contest an a bit of fun. And part of the "fun" is lamenting what others are missing in music you love!

Went for the one that'll lose this time - del Amitri, funny though I thought oh! 10cc not in love, great! I've heard that track a million times, a clear winner and it had about 6x the votes at the time and then I realised I've never played it for my listening pleasure ever. i dont even like it, never heard of that del amitri song either, but whatever, the die is cast

Dance, Boogie Wonderland.. It's party time in the Crowded House as Earth, Wind and Fire going through. Tight match.

Earth,Wind & Fire (Boogie Wonderland) 16 - 14 Crowded House (It's Only Natural)

Good job the cricket's entertaining with these two depressing numbers.
Spooky that those posts close together as took me back to my youth. My old man taking me to Old Trafford to see England V Windies in '80.
A group of Windies fans sat behind me and every 10mins or so one would stand up and sing "Dance Boogie Wonderland" and sit down again. As a 12yr old I was very impressed, almost as much as by the groups massive beer pint tower.
Although I like CH I would have voted for EW&F had I not missed the chance.

10CC for me today

Dance, Boogie Wonderland.. It's party time in the Crowded House as Earth, Wind and Fire going through. Tight match.

Earth,Wind & Fire (Boogie Wonderland) 16 - 14 Crowded House (It's Only Natural)
Was busy yesterday and didn't see this one.... would have gone with Crowded House so would have been even tighter.

Del Amitri only did one decent song and as 10cc wrote the Boys In Blue they get the vote

Nice song from Del Amitri but that loops and layers sound for 'I'm Not In Love' is haunting and stunning really.

10cc song is good. The del amitri one is lovely, subtle and nails the melancholy. Going with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.