The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Probably one of my favourite bands...hugely influential, they came from another of my favourite bands, Minor Threat.

Their first album Repeater is a must have....or you can go to the compilation album 13 Songs.

Ian Mackaye, the singer, a stalwart of the US hardcore scene...set up Dischord Records...always stayed true to his hardcore, DIY ethic....he's awesome

Surprised how big and influential they was reading up - I’d never heard of them.

Surprised how big and influential they was reading up - I’d never heard of them.
I think the fact they really stuck to their DIY, independent beliefs was what kept them fairly unknown, but in their eyes successful.
They never endorsed merchandise (listen to the song of the same name on the Repeater album)…released everything themselves….the epitome of never selling out.

Was luck to seen them in Belfast in 1989….I had just turned 14….blew my fuckin mind. They actually have hundreds of live recordings on the dischord records site

edit: actually I was wrong, it was actually in 1990 I saw them….though I was still 14, just before my 15th birthday lol

Last edited:
I think the fact they really stuck to their DIY, independent beliefs was what kept them fairly unknown, but in their eyes successful.
They never endorsed merchandise (listen to the song of the same name on the Repeater album)…released everything themselves….the epitome of never selling out.

Was luck to seen them in Belfast in 1989….I had just turned 14….blew my fuckin mind. They actually have hundreds of live recordings on the dischord records site

edit: actually I was wrong, it was actually in 1990 I saw them….though I was still 14, just before my 15th birthday lol

Yeh that DIY was interesting , always ensured tickets was a low as possible.

I really have to get out more; I've never heard of Fugazi. Except as a throway line in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Not the most memorable moment in the film, if I'm being honest.

;-)

Probably one of my favourite bands...hugely influential, they came from another of my favourite bands, Minor Threat.

Their first album Repeater is a must have....or you can go to the compilation album 13 Songs.

Ian Mackaye, the singer, a stalwart of the US hardcore scene...set up Dischord Records...always stayed true to his hardcore, DIY ethic....he's awesome

Proper punk ethos, not manufactured posturing.

Guy Picciotto sang for Fugazi more than Ian, didn't he?

Agreed with all you said here. Too bad Waiting Room is up against such a tough competitor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.