The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Did we not get rid of this shit last time?
The only shit is your comment and your taste.

Radar Love is a pure classic- one of the best rock songs of the 70s and still one of the best driving songs. .

In comparison massive attack is a massive letdown, really bland and quite forgettable.

Golden Earring all the way

If you are of a certain age Golden Earing will get your vote on this tie.
A 70's classic with a brilliant intro.
It is just like The Rubettes in the previous ties.

There's nothing wrong with Radar Love it's an entertaining bit of rock but Blue Lines was/is an absolutely epic album that moved music in this country forward and Unifinished Sympathy is a great track from that album.

... but Blue Lines was/is an absolutely epic album that moved music in this country forward and Unifinished Sympathy is a great track from that album.
Unfortunately it moved it on simply by stealing others innovative work. How blatantly "sampling" , or in this case literally stealing, John McLaughlin's Planetary Citizen is meant to be songwriting is beyond me.. it only goes to show how gullible (or maybe historically ignorant) some of society can be

Unfortunately it moved it on simply by stealing others innovative work. How blatantly "sampling" , or in this case literally stealing, John McLaughlin's Planetary Citizen is meant to be songwriting is beyond me.. it only goes to show how gullible (or maybe historically ignorant) some of society can be

I'm well aware of John McLaughlin thanks, he was in my longlist in the guitarists thread and just missed out in my top 10. This song also uses Bob James version of Take Me to The Mardi Gras (as do loads of other songs) and Parade Strut too so you might want to label it as multiple felonies.

I get that you don't like it and might have a problem with the concept of sampling, both of which are views you are entirely entitled to hold, but leave out the patronising horseshit please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.