The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P212 - R2/M105 - Oasis (Slide Away) v Elbow (One Day Like This)

Full Time!
Tyler Childers takes the road out of here.
Bangles safely through.

White House Road 4 - 24 Hazy Shade Of Winter

Round 2

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 2/M84

The Temptations - My Girl
v
The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin

I get the argument about manufactured soul, I guess, but let’s look at the opponent. It’s the Moody Blues. I admit it’s always intrigued me as a band name. “Moody” I get, because whenever I hear one of their songs, it makes me angry enough to want to hurl whatever sound projection device is playing it across the room. “Blues” is odder, because their music has as much in common with the blues as a vacuum cleaner does with a kangaroo. It strikes me as funny that they had a hit about being a singer in a rock and roll band when none of them were actually in one. But I suppose being three times as pretentious as ELP with one-third the talent is an achievement, albeit a dubious one. Anyhow this song in particular is a horrifying experience, which is saying something given some of the incredibly lame dross in their catalog. On my list of “Ten Songs You’d Bin For Eternity If You Had A Time Machine”, “White Satin” has held a firm spot for decades.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.