The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P219 - R2/M108 - Procol Harum (A Whiter Shade Of Pale) v Steely Dan (Do It Again)

To be a huge fan of Oasis and not rate this number is a strange one - it pretty much ranks No.1 is every Oasis fans poll.
In fairness I didn't say I didn't rate it. But it wouldn't be in my top 10 oasis songs and I prefer the elbow song.

If you think about it unless 100% of all Oasis fans put it as their favourite it's not remotely strange at all.

To be a huge fan of Oasis and not rate this number is a strange one - it pretty much ranks No.1 is every Oasis fans poll.
Hence why the world is awash in memes making fun of "huge fans of Oasis", whereas music fans who simply like Oasis (like me) enjoy many of their other tunes more, because many of their other tunes are better.

I Like all Oasis songs, don’t know much about Elbow apart from this tune; however this Elbow song is a belter and much the better of the two.

Last edited:
Hence why the world is awash in memes making fun of "huge fans of Oasis", whereas music fans who simply like Oasis (like me) enjoy many of their other tunes more, because many of their other tunes are better.

Missed out the all important ‘imo’ … I find nothing from Morning Glory stands up to Definitely Maybe ‘imo’

Missed out the all important ‘imo’ … I find nothing from Morning Glory stands up to Definitely Maybe ‘imo’
IMO is normally redundant when it comes to musical taste, but when I post, I'm stating facts, so "IMO" is incorrect :)

JK of course -- anyhow, I like Slide Away fine; I just like other tunes of their better and -- IMO -- none of their tunes are as good as Temptation so I'll probably struggle to get over that . . .

IMO is normally redundant when it comes to musical taste, but when I post, I'm stating facts, so "IMO" is incorrect :)

JK of course -- anyhow, I like Slide Away fine; I just like other tunes of their better and -- IMO -- none of their tunes are as good as Temptation so I'll probably struggle to get over that . . .
There are many songs from NO that are better no matter what you look for in a good song than any song Oasis have brought to market and that is a fact (LOL).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.