The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P218 - R2/M107 - Buffalo Springfield (For What It's Worth) v Marvin Gaye (I Heard It Through The Grapevine)

Has to be the Enz.

Unfortunately the oh so bland boys have too many fanboyz on here so there will be an all too predictable result
Is this supposed to make posters vote for the New Zealand band New Zealand Blue? Good luck:-)

Anyhoo God only knows why I would want to see Red.

Beach Boys for me it's a classic for a reason.

Is this supposed to make posters vote for the New Zealand band New Zealand Blue? Good luck:-)
Not really. The outcome was predictable. What I hoped was to point out to people that the beach boys were just another harmony band- no better, no worse than many thousands of others. The problem is they read somewhere the album is a classic it must be true. Guess what, it's just another doo wap with overdubs!

Not really. The outcome was predictable. What I hoped was to point out to people that the beach boys were just another harmony band- no better, no worse than many thousands of others. The problem is they read somewhere the album is a classic it must be true. Guess what, it's just another doo wap with overdubs!

No, The Beach boys were better than other harmony bands. They wrote and sang loads of very good songs, of their type.

Good Vibrations is an astonishing single for its time. “God Only Knows” is also a bona fide classic.

I happen to agree that Pet Sounds is overrated but they were the best surf band.

I agree that pet sounds is way overrated but as a group they still made quite a few decent songs, I would say a few were great. I'm not even sure what another harmony band even means. I mean it's music is harmony a bad thing:-)

Sometimes a song is very popular because it's actually good. If they had only made one decent song which was this and every other was pure shite it wouldn't matter coz we are rating this song and this song only.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.