The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P219 - R2/M108 - Procol Harum (A Whiter Shade Of Pale) v Steely Dan (Do It Again)

Full Time!
Split Enz face a heavy defeat and they see red as they see the Beach Boys celebrations, God Only Knows how they're feeling.

I See Red 6 - 27 God Only Knows

Round 2

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 2/M102

The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
v
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

Last edited:
I’m at Newquay next weekend trying this for the first time ever. Gonna be horrific
I'm no natural extreme sportsman BH (in fact I'm shite at most), but I find surfing so so hard.

I've had a couple of groups lessons and regardless it is really fun and a great workout.

Adjust your expectations that for every day 3 hour slog you graft for in the sea, I probably got about 0.75 of a second combined actually stood up on the board.*

* The 'best' bit I actually did, I inadvertently pretty much surfed over the top of a girl that was part of the same group lesson so had to abandon ship to ensure I hadn't fucking drowned her.

Good times hey........... :-)

I thought they did a couple of very good records in True Colours and Waiata, but didn't hear anything else by them I thought was close to as good (Mental Notes and Frenzy were meh). I never quite understood the Crowded House hype, and Tim Finn's solo stuff was ghastly.
Someone's going to have to help me out here as I can only read that last bit in a well spoken Victorian English accent - I can't do it in American........... :-)

Round 2

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 2/M102

The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin'
v
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
Fucking hell this is a good matchup..........

I think Pet Sounds is overrated too but not only were they the best surf band, they're really the only one anyone needs that has vocals. There are some great instrumental surf songs by various artists. Obviously their use of the studio was hugely-influential which maybe is why they get hyped, although I think a lot of their biggest hits are great, and I'm already on record saying "God Only Knows" is the most beautiful pop song I think I've heard. Among popular American bands I'd probably argue the Beach Boys on the whole are actually underrated . . . but I'm from California, what does anyone expect me to say? :)
I am not but I agree they are underrated as do many I know over hear in Oz.

They changed the way The Beatles saw themselves and in part decided to be a studio band,

Some of their material is quite lame but still delivered with the right mix of humour and insight.

There are not much better as far as pop songs go than GON it stops you in your tracks and demands you listen to it every time you hear it no matter who you with at the time (LOL).

I'm no natural extreme sportsman BH (in fact I'm shite at most), but I find surfing so so hard.

I've had a couple of groups lessons and regardless it is really fun and a great workout.

Adjust your expectations that for every day 3 hour slog you graft for in the sea, I probably got about 0.75 of a second combined actually stood up on the board.*

* The 'best' bit I actually did, I inadvertently pretty much surfed over the top of a girl that was part of the same group lesson so had to abandon ship to ensure I hadn't fucking drowned her.

Good times hey........... :-)
I tried it in Hawaii (also group lesson). First wave, I got up for a good several seconds. Two hours later, I’d never duplicated my original feat. Absolutely frustrating as hell! But did it with the family so it was fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.