The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P226 - R2/M114 - The B-52s (Rock Lobster) v Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (Country Girl)

Very nice and harmonic as CSNY are (and I love a bit of folk rock harmony) - I just love the energy of the B52's - and when I hear it I'm 18 again!

They had 20 top 40 singles in Australia and multiple top 10 hits in Europe spanning some 16 years.

13 albums and yes wouldn't be known in the USA albeit they toured with Men At Work when they cracked the US market but I wouldn't describe them as one hit wonders.
Fair enough, I've just looked and they only had one here which makes them a one hit wonder as far as Brits go, I have also seen American one hit wonder shows consisting of huge British bands so I suppose it's all relative

Neither stellar in my opinion but Fred's cowbell and the fact it was danceable when leathered tips it in favour of the B52s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.