The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P70 Round 1 / CB /M29 - Oasis (Don't Stop) v Gwen Stefani (Hollaback Girl)

Gotye was definitely a grower for me. Didn't particularly like it at first but think it's very good now.
It reached number 1 in numerous charts all over the world and currently has 2.2 billion views on YouTube and nearly 2 billion on Spotify.

I don’t know if it’s particularly cool to like the Snow Patrol with it being so mopey an’ all and I can imagine it being the song of choice at a few funerals but I do like it. Won’t be having it at my funeral though. And it’s just edged out by the Gotye. Never heard anything else of his but thought this was great when it came out and quite possibly have it on a playlist somewhere

Apparently that Gotye track was a big hit? First time I've been aware of it and not too impressed on first play.

As above I think Snow Patrol are bland and dull. Just read that this track is the most played on radio in the 21st Century- no wonder everyone looks so beaten down and defeated.
Given how much Gotye was played (past death) on alt radio in the US, I thought you were talking about that being the "most played". Just cannot stand that song, never have, and listening again today is not on my menu - a track I used to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.