The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P85 Round 1 / CC /M35 - Kraftwerk (Autobahn) v The Birthday Party (Dead Joe)

Nope, and I'll have to wait until the end to see who it was as well...obviously I don't want to name the song either, but it's a doozy.
If it's that good, just treat it like you have a magic free song in the competition. I'll bet it was me.

I’ll look into this - could work for first round.
It'll definitely work. You'll have 32 songs in each category - it's set up perfectly!

It also has the bonus that:

1. Everybody will have one song play in the competition every 16 matches or so, being fairly well spread out.
2. No nominator will see two of their selections come up against each other in the first round.
3. You also have the option of preserving the format for round 2 so that 8 songs from each category arrive in the top 40.

You can see how these complex seedings and competition mechanics evolve at organisations such as UEFA and FIFA !

It'll definitely work. You'll have 32 songs in each category - it's set up perfectly!

It also has the bonus that:

1. Everybody will have one song play in the competition every 16 matches or so, being fairly well spread out.
2. No nominator will see two of their selections come up against each other in the first round.
3. You also have the option of preserving the format for round 2 so that 8 songs from each category arrive in the top 40.

You can see how these complex seedings and competition mechanics evolve at organisations such as UEFA and FIFA !
Well, but . . . assuming everyone picked a true "personal favo(u)rite" for category 5, then I'd guess some pretty big hitters will come up against each other in the first round too. We may not want that.

Of course that could happen in a random draw too; certainly did last time around. And I do like the "spread" idea very much, so despite the potential of titan v. titan I think you're right that this has more benefits than drawbacks.

the simplest way of scoring this would be to multiply all the throw and jump distances in metres together, then multiply all the running times in seconds together and divide the product of the throws and jumps by the product of the running times. The Special Total, $ST$, will be $$ ST=\frac{LJ\times HJ\times PV\times JT\times DT\times SP}{T_{100m} \times T_{400m}\times T_{110mH}\times T_{1500m}} $$ where $LJ$ is the distance from the long jump, $HJ$ the high jump, $JT$ the javelin, $DT$ the discus and $SP$ the shot putt, with units of $$ \frac{(length)^6}{(time)^4} = \frac{m^6}{s^4}. $$

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.