The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P90 Round 1 / CC /M38 - Nightwish (Romantacide) v Kaleo (No Good)

That is his stage name NZ never changed legally to Cooke it was something he liked once he became known and often though their is no documented record another artist has the same name ala David Bowie.

He was born Sam Cook.
Every day's a school day. I never knew that. But who is this David Bowie you speak of? I only know Davie Jones

Glad a few posters know the history here vs. those that insulted it because they don't know much.
I know that Letterman was not every ones cup of tea but compared to some of the wannabes well I won't say any more.

He invited Warren Zevon on to his show knowing he had a short time left and dedicated a whole show to his career and his thoughts on life and death and I can say that if you haven't seen it , its riveting viewing and you should from many a perpsective.

He only did that once and was obviously a huge Zevon fan , had him his show a dozen or so times.

I watched all of them a number of times as I respect WZ immensely as a songwriter and a musician.

LGAM is definitely in my favourite 50 songs of all time

I know that Letterman was not every ones cup of tea but compared to some of the wannabes well I won't say any more.

He invited Warren Zevon on to his show knowing he had a short time left and dedicated a whole show to his career and his thoughts on life and death and I can say that if you haven't seen it , its riveting viewing and you should from many a perpsective.

He only did that once and was obviously a huge Zevon fan , had him his show a dozen or so times.

I watched all of them a number of times as I respect WZ immensely as a songwriter and a musician.

LGAM is definitely in my favourite 50 songs of all time
I watched that show, it was where WZ advice if you’ve been given three months to live was to ‘Enjoy Every Sandwich’ which became the title of the tribute album
featuring Dylan, Springstee,Don Henley, The Pixies and many others.WZ was the musicians musician.

There was a VH1 documentary on the making of his last album ‘The Wind’
called ‘Keep in Your Heart, typically poignant and funny and well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it , not only did he live long enough to see the album released but also the birth of his grandchild.

One of my favourite artists, unfortunately I never got to see him live.

You should read up on Zevon dude. Specifically NOT "pointless."

That said, it's still SOC for one of THE best covers of all time.

Not really I heard the song it was pointless copy for me, read the other post saying he wanted it on his last album, fair enough the point still stands for a casual listener.

I watched that show, it was where WZ advice if you’ve been given three months to live was to ‘Enjoy Every Sandwich’ which became the title of the tribute album
featuring Dylan, Springstee,Don Henley, The Pixies and many others.WZ was the musicians musician.

There was a VH1 documentary on the making of his last album ‘The Wind’
called ‘Keep in Your Heart, typically poignant and funny and well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it , not only did he live long enough to see the album released but also the birth of his grandchild.

One of my favourite artists, unfortunately I never got to see him live.
I saw him at the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne with the revised Little River Band line up and he stole the show in 1990.

I have had the pleasure of seeing that VH1 documentary a number of times. I miss VH1 as it drifted from behind the music to reality TV as there haven't been genuine replacements save for the odd documentary.

Agree entirely the musicians musician , he played with LRB as if he was a member form the outset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.