The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - R3/M128 - P249 - Mental As Anything (Live It Up) v The Who (Substitute)

Funny thing is I knew the Kula Shaker version was a cover. I thought that the Deep Purple version was the original but even that’s a cover!
Being a FOC I remember the version Somebody's Image headed by Russell Morris ( still recording and performing ) when it was released in 1967 and your Kris Ife who released it in the UK later in the year.

Aussie artists in those days were often releasing cover songs to a predominately captive audience as Bill Walker etc may recall we didn't have the labels that encouraged original song writing albeit artists like Russell Morris eventually wrote most of their recorded material and in his case he had to go to America to introduce his songs to a wider audience despite having chart success with original material like the classic The Real Thing which charted in the US.

Round 3

Rules/scores will all be on page 1.
first round only all fixtures will compete in category order.

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round 3/M128

Mental As Anything - Live It Up
v
The Who - Substitute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.