The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - R3/M135 - P257 - Buffalo Springfield (For What It's Worth) v Harry Nilsson (Without You)

Now both of these are big hitters for me. BBTL is a brilliant piece of music by a brilliant band. But I think My Girl is an all time classic. So it's The Temptations for moi.
Pissed off because I keep missing so many of these votes.

all time classic.
Your not the first to give this a reason for your pick, but your the one I'm picking out ...

So are we voting for the best all time classic? That's like believing that only United, Liverpool and Arsenal are allowed to win anything because they are the all time classics. I thought we were voting for the song we liked the best - which might just give a newcomer a chance if something really good jumps out from amongst the all time classics and says "Oi Listen to me"

There's a reason why tunes become 'classics' and it's usually because they are as good now as they ever were.
Your not the first to give this a reason for your pick, but your the one I'm picking out ...

So are we voting for the best all time classic? That's like believing that only United, Liverpool and Arsenal are allowed to win anything because they are the all time classics. I thought we were voting for the song we liked the best - which might just give a newcomer a chance if something really good jumps out from amongst the all time classics and says "Oi Listen to me"

I'm not sure tbh, I thought it meant best song.. ? OK, I've just looked at the OP and it is the voters favourite. My bad. I thought it was genuinely what people thought was the better song. Ok, that's put a different slant on things. I like BBTL more tbh, so on the op rules I'm changing to Manfred Man's Earth band. I think you might of opened a giant tin of worms here mucker! ;-)
Soz Hammer, will pay more attention in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.