The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - R3/M139 - P262 - The Who (Won't Get Fooled Again) v AC/DC (Highway To Hell)

Like both, but prefer hearing Van Halen play WGFA....Highway.

My love for VH exceeds that for both AC/DC and The Who. VH’s WGFA is brilliant and clever but you can’t beat The Who’s. Entwistle’s bass is sensational. The best version for me is the live one recorded for The Kid’s Are Alright film. Keith Moon’s drumming on the intro is superb.

Both great songs to listen to but I think wgfa has more to it musically, it is more interesting to listen to imho. hth is simplistic and I'm surprised no one came up with the riff/chord structure nefore they did tbh. Its fun to play mind. The solo in the song neither adds or detracts so you are basically left with a typical 3 chord acdc song, catchy as fuck mind.

AC/DC make a virtue out of simple in a way that few bands can match.

My love for VH exceeds that for both AC/DC and The Who. VH’s WGFA is brilliant and clever but you can’t beat The Who’s. Entwistle’s bass is sensational. The best version for me is the live one recorded for The Kid’s Are Alright film. Keith Moon’s drumming on the intro is superb.
All opinions, I find The Who OK or 'mid' as my kids would say.... another band who are mythed & hyped well beyond what they were....imo.

All opinions, I find The Who OK or 'mid' as my kids would say.... another band who are mythed & hyped well beyond what they were....imo.
I’ll agree with that. A few exceptional songs, this being one of them, but not enough to put them in the same league as their contemporaries. Another discussion point for the Rock Evolution thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.