The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P211 - R2/M104 - Kirsty MacColl (A New England) v Doves (Prisoners)

That's all the songs and end of round 1, table will follow soon.

Worth noting not 1 pick for The Beatles, Rolling Stones or The Smiths!
Just 1 track from Pink Floyd, Stone Roses and Oasis.

Very wide ranging mix of songs.

Aimed at the couple of pre cup moaners who said the above would dominate.
As a matter of interest how do you do the scores? The old fashioned way with adding up, or a fancy spreadsheet?

Either way thanks for an enjoyable R1

Yeah, great work as ever, @BlueHammer85. This thread feels like a lot more work than some of the other music threads, and you've done a brilliant job.

Despite my sharpened song selections, I'd ended up with the same result as last year (although two of my songs had very unlucky draws and both acquitted themselves well).

Yeah, great work as ever, @BlueHammer85. This thread feels like a lot more work than some of the other music threads, and you've done a brilliant job.

Despite my sharpened song selections, I'd ended up with the same result as last year (although two of my songs had very unlucky draws and both acquitted themselves well).
I've had a good start on my debut. I only lost 1 of my songs and that was right near the end!

Are you not sorry for voting for both or not sorry for your insult to Steely Dan and the others that made it through? :)
I realize you are having a laugh, but I did vote for Steely Dan the day prior.

I think the random generator is having some good belly laughs after Round 1 is all I will say. "It is what it is".

I will heartily echo Rob's kudos to @BlueHammer85, and I will add in addtional thanks to @RobMCFC and the other mods who step in to keep this ship a floating.

Only one "my work location ate my homework" excuse over these 3 months isn't half bad. ;-)

As the sole leader in the entire game last year until cruely (though I still.maintain unfairly) ending up as the runner up, I feel confident I'll be in contention for a European spot when the league places are published, as llike last year I'm going into round 2 with 4 of my tunes.
I noticed not one Smiths or Morrissey tunes selected this year. The haters making it clear such nominations will not be tolerated....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.