The Carlos Tevez Thread

Tevez – A Morality Tale

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footandball.net/tevez-a-morality-tale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footandball.net/tevez-a-morality-tale/</a>

lee-mcfc said:
wore an united tshirt in a hotel in mottram, couple days ago according to my mate..
FFS you are now sinking lower than a snakes belly if which I suspect you have just made that up!

What I find bizarre here is that some neutrals, and some United fans, seem to think City should have taken the moral high ground here and excluded Tevez from any first team activity. It seems they think we should have actually shot ourselves in the foot and actively sought to hamper our own title ambitions so we could maintain that moral high ground.

I don't.

I want the title.

Playing Tevez doesn't guarantee us anything, I'm aware of that, but having someone of his ability available to us most certainly strengthens our title credentials. If we win the title will anyone care that we played Tevez to help us achieve it? Possibly United fans and neutrals. Will we care? Will we fuck.

Equally if we had refused to play Tevez how much good would that moral high ground have done us if United had won the title? "We didn't play Tevez and stuck to our guns", "Brilliant, well played, can we see your trophy for that? we're champions of England, here's ours".

In an ideal World we'd have been so far clear of the pack we could have done both, won the title and kept Tevez away from the first team. As that was never going to be likely we've gone with the next best option, bring him back in, aim for the title and hopefully win it. I'm happy to live with that. It'll be a disappointment if we don't win the title and have involved Tevez again, but again, I'll live with that too, it's worth the risk for me.

BluePurgatory said:
lee-mcfc said:
wore an united tshirt in a hotel in mottram, couple days ago according to my mate..
FFS you are now sinking lower than a snakes belly if which I suspect you have just made that up!
There was a thread posted to that effect about Thursday last week, somebody who's mate knows someone on facebook etc etc, but it got pulled because it was very likely bullshit, and there was no evidence offered.

I don't like him at all as a man but even in his cameos so far has shown so much of what we've been missing lately and also doesn't seem as greedy as he used to be with the ball. If he and Mancini could work out their differences I reluctantly wouldn't mind seeing him stay because can we rely on Dzeko or Balotelli next season or do we have to buy yet another high profile forward? Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Guidetti would be a great set of striking options for us and with Tevez looking useful in a deeper role, ala Rooney, we could even play three of them in some games.

cleavers said:
BluePurgatory said:
lee-mcfc said:
There was a thread posted to that effect about Thursday last week, somebody who's mate knows someone on facebook etc etc, but it got pulled because it was very likely bullshit, and there was no evidence offered.

In future i would have a rule regarding bullshit with no proof posts. That would be "your fucking banned me old china".

If people are gonna post info proof must be forth coming, simply "you must believe me" makes me want to see the poster suffer a long drawn out painfull passing into the next world.

aaaaaaaand breathe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.