The Catwalk

Yesterday in Abu Dhabi the players were completely bemused by the OTT security who were physically dragging people out of the way from getting photos with them as they moved from the training pitch to the hotel at Emirates Palace. Aguero in particular couldn't believe what knobs they were being.

The players themselves seem completely open to a bit of interaction with the public but someone is making the decision that they should be treated like untouchable gods. It's all a bit cringey to be honest, and so far removed from how it should be.

Yeah. I just don't get it. I could see if your a manager or something. US sports teams providea security for their coaches because some fans are morons. But if you think you can take a rugby player or JJ Watt on in a fight, knock yourself out. I remember a bunch of skinheads tried to take on Lawrence Taylor once. He put them all in the hospital, picked up his case of beer and continued to the club.

I don't reckon that catwalk cost more than a couple of grand to build, plus the carpet which I think @Bill supplied at a 25% discount. Jet-packs, however, don't come cheap and are still somewhat unreliable.

How about one of these then?

grown-up-man-pulling-funny-face-on-a-zipwire-at-newby-hall-in-north-cpdj7j.jpg

When they were younger, my children loved seeing the team arrive. It either meant getting to the gate a good 45 minutes in advance of the bus to secure a good spot or, lifting them up above the crowd. As the catwalk idea solves this issue I'm in favour.

And as I'm the kind of middle class parent prepared to spend a large chunk of my disposable income on kits, souvenirs, food in the ground and premium seats the club is trying to appeal to, my opinion is the only one that matters ;-)

Fucking dreadful, so embarrassing. Who on earth at the club is thinking this stuff up?

It was a bit lame with just the walking. If we do the razzamatazz we should go all out, really loud thumping music as each player is announced, they have to dance/bounce down the runway pumping their fists in the air as lit squares in the floor follow them like in the Billy Jean video.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.