The Championship thread...

Crazy finish today.

Bournemouth 1-0 down most of the day, get it back to 1-1 then get a man sent off but grab a late go ahead goal.... to then concede a last minute penalty; 2-2.

3 points between the top 4;

1) Watford 85
2) Bournemouth 84
3) Boro 84
4) Norwich 82

Derby look to have all but clinched a play off spot as well

Patrick Bamford named Championship player of the season.

Good signs for the future of England hopefully, Ings won it last year so two England U21 strikers in two seasons have won the award.

I hope Chelsea do the right thing with him next season, if Boro go up I would send him on loan there for another season.

I have no idea how the top six is going to finish now.

It's definitely going to come down to the last day, where Watford, Middlesbrough and Norwich are all at home to bottom half sides.

I originally went for Bournemouth, Norwich and Derby to go up - I'm really not sure about Derby now. Watford and Middlesbrough are in good form, both have won their last 3 games.

Bournemouth and Watford (their front 3 is brilliant) to go up automatically with Middlesbrough or Norwich to win the play-offs.

Didn't agree with Bamford winning Player of the Season at all. Young player of the Season maybe, but Bamford is the 7th top scorer in the league. Troy Deeney was my choice.

CityFan94 said:

It's definitely going to come down to the last day, where Watford, Middlesbrough and Norwich are all at home to bottom half sides.

I originally went for Bournemouth, Norwich and Derby to go up - I'm really not sure about Derby now. Watford and Middlesbrough are in good form, both have won their last 3 games.

Bournemouth and Watford (their front 3 is brilliant) to go up automatically with Middlesbrough or Norwich to win the play-offs.

Didn't agree with Bamford winning Player of the Season at all. Young player of the Season maybe, but Bamford is the 7th top scorer in the league. Troy Deeney was my choice.

Was a weird one... I think Bamford has had more media coverage because he's young and out on loan but even someone like Matt Richie should have won it over him. He's been outstanding this season - 12 goals and 16 assists I think it is now and in a team that were promoted last season... and from midfield!

supercity88 said:
CityFan94 said:

Was a weird one... I think Bamford has had more media coverage because he's young and out on loan but even someone like Matt Ritchie should have won it over him. He's been outstanding this season - 12 goals and 16 assists I think it is now and in a team that were promoted last season... and from midfield!

Got to agree with you there. He's been outstanding all season and some of the goals he's scored have been superb.

I agree - Matt Ritchie has been outstanding.

Troy Deeney was my choice. He's captain for Watford and lead them to top of the Championship. He's been absolutely fantastic this season, 20 goals and 8 assists, but his all-round game has been very good. He's such a good target man, holding off defenders and bringing the likes of Vydra and Ighalo into play. Strength, speed, great finisher - Deeney could do it in the Premiership.

I really hope Bournemouth don't have a wobble and blow automatic promotion, I'd love to see them in the prem, hopefully if/when we play them Mel machin will get a well deserved mention and they might re-run the 3-3 match from 89.
An Ipswich /Norwich play off final would be fantastic but it's anyone's guess who will go up or go in the play offs.
I hope it goes down to the wire and there are 4 teams fighting for the 2 automatic slots.
Been a great championship season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.