The Championship thread...

FogBlueInSanFran said:
yankcitizen76 said:
Man. Those stands are nuts!

Up there with Palace's fans in terms of gusto. Loved it when they sang "Shit Man City . . . You're just a shit Man City" at the rags a few years back.
Is it just me or does that stadium remind you of Portland's Providence Park where the Timbers play? If you've been there, I mean.

yankcitizen76 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
yankcitizen76 said:
Man. Those stands are nuts!

Up there with Palace's fans in terms of gusto. Loved it when they sang "Shit Man City . . . You're just a shit Man City" at the rags a few years back.
Is it just me or does that stadium remind you of Portland's Providence Park where the Timbers play? If you've been there, I mean.

Never been there. Been to the Quakes at the old stadium and to Sacramento for the Republic. I don't watch that much MLS but between PDX and Seattle, yeah, they're pretty loud.

Per another thread about Bayern, the MLS fans generally irritate me because they've adopted the drum as opposed to the banter song as the crowd-galvanizer of choice.

Been going to a City match or 2 a year for going on a decade now (I get to the UK for work a lot)-- it's a shame our atmosphere has become quieter over that time. Was there for Villa just a few weeks ago and was sad to hear the bollocking of our players (not that they didn't deserve it) and depressed to see so many walk out at 2-2.

baildon blue said:
frothy said:
jimharri said:
Their last home game of the season; it's a chance for the yokels to give the team the traditional end of season send off. Not sure they're celebrating potential promotion, to be honest. I think Norwich will do them, as it happens.
Hope so one of the best stay overnight away games
Peter Swales must have been fond of Norwich .
He went to Norwich 3 times to poach our managers .
Ron Saunders , John Bond and Mel Machin .
Been watching a lot of Peter Swales on You tube .
The more i see him the more angry i get .

for the sake of your sanity let it go he has been dead for twenty years!

frothy said:
jimharri said:
de niro said:
is it me or are boro being a little premature with all these celebrations?
Their last home game of the season; it's a chance for the yokels to give the team the traditional end of season send off. Not sure they're celebrating potential promotion, to be honest. I think Norwich will do them, as it happens.

Good night out in The Murderers.

whp.blue said:
frothy said:
jimharri said:

Good night out in The Murderers.
Merseyside?

Tbilisi said:
East Level 2 said:
Tbilisi said:
They did it twice,once F A Cup (City fan scoring twice,cant recall his name) and also mid week before the 5 -1.

That said,I like Brentford and hope they go up,proper fans.
They didn't knock us out of the League Cup before the 5-1.
And we knocked them out of the FA Cup at their place in 96-97 courtesy of Nicky Summerbee.

I am sure they beat us mid week on the run up to the 5 - 1.....2 - 1 at their place....Gary James?

Edit: Brentford 2–1 Manchester City 19 September 1989 - Off Wiki....you are right though they didnt knock us out as we beat them a couple of weeks later.

For some reason I remember being sat in the Main Stand v Brentford and Steve Perryman was their boss. He was getting abuse off City fans (I know - in the Main Stand!) and then tried winding us all up by pretending to lift the FAC as he had done with Spurs in 81. He got more abuse after that!

Wembley dropped a bollock with the play off final tickets;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11680/9856690/wembley-stadium-apologises-after-misspelling-middlesbrough-on-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... on-tickets</a>

Would the Smoggies even notice?

*awaits heavy incoming bombardment*

Jim you won't be happy!

LEEDS LATEST

According to Sky sources, former Wigan manager Uwe Rosler will be named as Neil Redfearn's replacement in the Leeds United hot seat at a 3pm press conference at Elland Road this afternoon.

Rosler is understood to already be in the Leeds area, with the ex-Man City striker having been handed a two-year deal, with the option of an extra 12 months, which he is expected to sign at lunch time today.

Redferan's current contract runs out on June 30.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.