The Citizens

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Does anyone use this? Its a nickname that is with us but i never use it and i have never heard it from any other city fan or pundit. So why is it our nick name?, when i was a member of the junior blues I’m sure we called ourselves the Sky blues.

What name would you prefer to be our nick name?

The blues or the sky blues!
Or may be gods own.

Never heard anyone use it — except Stuart Hall!
It's a bit like West Brom. Their official nickname is not The Baggies but The Throstles, but none of them use it.

There was a similar thread about this the other day,

Apart from occasionally reading about it in the paper, I have never heard anyone I talk about football with refer to us as the citizens, I've never heard anyone around the stadium before the game call us it and I've never heard anyone at the match say it. Imagine someone standing up saying 'come on citizens' just wouldn't happen. Its City or the blues for me, sky blues is coventry like the other poster said.

Robbo. said:
Does anyone use this? Its a nickname that is with us but i never use it and i have never heard it from any other city fan or pundit. So why is it our nick name?, when i was a member of the junior blues I’m sure we called ourselves the Sky blues.

What name would you prefer to be our nick name?

The blues or the sky blues!
Or may be gods own.

Well since I believe there is no god I wouldn't use that one!

My Grandad talked about this at Christmas cos we were sat there talking about teams nicknames like The Baggies n The Magpies n he said the Citizens always used to get used when he was younger but it seemed to vanish over time!

I personally like the Citizens name, it's quite classy n original! calling ourselves the blues is the total opposite as it couldn't be more unoriginal - Chelsea n Biingham both have that name, Cov have the nickname Sky Blues it's written in their seats, Reading are the Royal Blues, etc etc

No one else is the Citizens, that is us!! i think it should be used more!

If you look back in old programmes and what have you - you will definitely see the reference The Citizens. In the 'club listings', for instance, address, board of directors, honours etc etc. I'm not dreaming this, honestly!
I am familiar with this tag, certainly remember it from when I was young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.