The Colin Bell Collection

City_Shirts

Champions 37,68,12,14,18,19,21,22, 23, 24, ?
Thought I’d share some of ‘The Kings’ shirts which form part of my City match shirts collection that consists of over 550 original match shirts dating back to the 1926 FA Cup Final.

1967-68 First Division #8

1968-69 Football League X1 #8

1973-74 First Division #8

1978-79 First Division #8

1979 Testimonial Manchester Select

1979 Testimonial Merseyside Select

Enjoy - You can view more of the collection via the following social media platforms.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/manchestercitymatchshirts

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MarkMmmac

9C37F46B-A9B7-42C2-B9A4-FC8B8E328B26.jpegC5FCFA7F-AAB9-4103-9B1E-F6E8964A4EAD.jpeg71442CBB-2370-43AD-B1E2-DD4C94D9885C.jpegD0B5FC40-6A0D-4AE2-A743-7153A3E66F64.jpegB30299AE-556F-44A0-A387-F5B89E6D3CCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Whenever I bought a City shirt, it was always adorned with a number 8.

As a 15 year old my most emotional and memorable match was the King's comeback. I had a season ticket in the Kippax and as the players came out for the second half the noise grew, being a slight individual I couldn't see much,then the songs started and never stopped. Pretty sure someone scored a hatrick in a 4-0 win, but hardly got a mention. That day was all about him, our love and respect for him. He really was our thoroughbred, our superstar, we have been blessed with so many great players since, we have been so lucky but for me he had it all.

Lol at the collar on that '78 shirt. Go out wearing that on a windy day, and you'd end up on the summit of Winter Hill!

Great collection, by the way.

It's funny looking back and seeing the players having one shirt all season compared to two a game these days.

@City_Shirts what happened if on the day of the game a player got injured so another player came in to play but the shirt wasn't the right size?
There was usually a long and short sleeve option that had to last the season for the players but the kit man would carry an unnumbered shirt in case of emergency's which was known as the blood shirt.

Today's first team squad will have 9000 shirts produced throughout the season for all competitions making it very difficult to prove a shirts provenance unless it was direct from the player or club contact.

There was usually a long and short sleeve option that had to last the season for the players but the kit man would carry an unnumbered shirt in case of emergency's which was known as the blood shirt.

Today's first team squad will have 9000 shirts produced throughout the season for all competitions making it very difficult to prove a shirts provenance unless it was direct from the player or club contact.
9,000? Wow.

I was thinking along the lines of say Niall Quinn being injured so Adrian Heath being given the 9 shirt!

Whenever I bought a City shirt, it was always adorned with a number 8.

As a 15 year old my most emotional and memorable match was the King's comeback. I had a season ticket in the Kippax and as the players came out for the second half the noise grew, being a slight individual I couldn't see much,then the songs started and never stopped. Pretty sure someone scored a hatrick in a 4-0 win, but hardly got a mention. That day was all about him, our love and respect for him. He really was our thoroughbred, our superstar, we have been blessed with so many great players since, we have been so lucky but for me he had it all.
Was there myself - never heard a noise like it when he came on - used to see him now and again in M&S in Handforth Dean - if only he knew what an idol he was ? Mild mannered fabulously understated man - a bit like the only player that I rate above him - Dave or as my grandson thinks he’s called The great David Silva - 2 great blues

Sorry its a bit off topic but years ago when Ebay first started up I can clearly remember seeing 2 Colin Bell england caps up for auction,
I know they may have been fakes but it all seemed legit & as far as I can remember the seller was looking for £500 for the two, I often wish I had looked into it a bit more, maybee met the seller for more info but I didnt have any spare money at the time,
I wonder if they were genuine what they would be worth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.