The Confederations Cup Thread/ City Player Watch.

Re: R: The Confederations Cup Thread/ City Player Watch.

Mdr said:
Zealot87 said:
Just loved the way Italy played that game...all the players gave their best.
But I really can't stand Spain anymore, someone should end this great winning-streak.

I think tonight was a case where everybody gave it everything. Spain mightn't have played to the level we know they can but as a group of players they ran their socks off. Italy worked themselves to a standstill and Spain wasn't far behind them.
As for being sick of Spain winning, I don't know I think with international football you get out of it what you put in, and what you got is what you got.
You have to make do with the players you have. No amount of money or power can get you any more than the players your country produces.

It's a level playing field, to an extent, and the team with the better players doesn't always make a winning team. Their needs to be a mix of drive, talent and unity. You could be the best player in the world and be on a shite team. I think it levels the playing field that the likes of the Premiership doesn't. That's what I always enjoyed about it.

Spain are winning because they've put time and effort into their youth and their ability to produce top class players seems to be second to none.
It's down now to other countries to try and match Spain.
I agree with you, Spain for shure did a great Job as Long as italy... I was giving my point of view about Italy, Just beacuse all the media thought that Spain was going to outclass us way before the Kick-off. I m simply proud that the Players on the Field honored the azzurri's legacy till the end, in a game aganist the Best football country nowadays

Some may find spain boring but theres no denying that they are a class act..

They have set the benchmark for others to best.

samharris said:
Some may find spain boring but theres no denying that they are a class act..

They have set the benchmark for others to best.
When they play at their best they are probably the best team of all time.

Most of the time, however, they are extremely boring to watch. It's like they don't play to score and they're just obsessed with passing passing passing... There are times when players are free or make a great run and the player with the ball doesn't even acknowledge him and turns the other way and passes backwards. I don't know if it's because the Barcelona boys are just so reliant (they never used to be when Eto'o was there) on Messi that when he's not there [or playing injured] for Barca or Spain(obviously not Spain) they are left floundering around the pitch with no direction. In the CL away at Milan and home+away to Bayern plus the Euros last year against France and Portugal (not in extra time v Portugal - they were excellent in that extra time period) are prime examples of lack of direction in their play.

I felt when Navas and then Mata came on last night, Spain were more diect and just better and more exciting to watch. But even then they kept attacking down the left with Alba.

Very strange team.

mata or navas should be starting ahead of Silva.

Silva has been out of form for a while. Have no idea why he keeps getting into the spanish first 11/

barcajaden said:

Silva has been out of form for a while. Have no idea why he keeps getting into the spanish first 11/
Really? Because I would bench Pedro. He's overrated anyway and only gets in the starting eleven for one reason.

barcajaden said:

May be its best if people wait until Spain actually lose at least a game if not a tournament before eveyone starts handing out advice on what they should be doing.

taconinja said:
barcajaden said:

Really? Because I would bench Pedro. He's overrated anyway and only gets in the starting eleven for one reason.

Would that be his recent international scoring record?

Sleeping_Easy said:
taconinja said:
barcajaden said:

Would that be his recent international scoring record?
It would be what club he plays for when not on international duty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.