The Confederations Cup Thread/ City Player Watch.

Spain were on the beach last night, just like City were against Norwich last game of the season.

I think people are reading too much into last nights game, Brazil wont even reach the Semi's next year.

Danamy said:
Spain were on the beach last night, just like City were against Norwich last game of the season.

I think people are reading too much into last nights game, Brazil wont even reach the Semi's next year.

It's more than likely they will.

Kun Aguero said:
Danamy said:

With the luck of the draw - probably. Otherwise, no they won't. Spain, Germany and Argentina all are better in my opinion and in a WC game will beat Brazil. Italy have a bigger chance of reaching the semi's than Brazil in my opinion.

Sorry lads but Spain got put firmly in Brazil's pockets last night.

They got 'Bayern'd' in much the same way Barcelona did.

Press, press, press. The 'Spanish' style doesn't like it.

Also, as noted a few times with Barcelona, when the game doesn't go the 'usual' way, they don't have the mental strength to do anything about it (v the better sides). Their heads fall off.

Brazil were very very worthy winners.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:

Spain had the chance to win a competition, lay down a serious world cup marker, beat the Brazilians in their own backyard and keep their undefeated record alive.

City had absolutely fuck all to play for.

The comparison is silly Dan.

Syth said:
Kun Aguero said:
Danamy said:

With the luck of the draw - probably. Otherwise, no they won't. Spain, Germany and Argentina all are better in my opinion and in a WC game will beat Brazil. Italy have a bigger chance of reaching the semi's than Brazil in my opinion.
I think you're underestimating the effect of the tournament actually being in Brazil.

Syth said:
Kun Aguero said:
Danamy said:

I don't see why Argentina are being so hyped. The favourites for me will be Germany and Brazil. Germany will probably be the best in the world at the time, but Brazil have home advantage. Spain are reliant on Xavi as are Barcelona. If his form does not pick up then Spain won't win. Brazil, Italy and Germany are likely to all be a lot better this time next year.

Spain also have the problem with their first choice players the Barcelona lot and Silva not playing the same style of football as the more direct guys like Mata, Martinez, Navas

Spain will still be favourites for the WC and rightfully so. They have been awesome for years and they will learn from last night and make sure it won't happen again.

If I was Del Bosque I'd 100% use Llorente and Negredo as options when they introduce Navas and Pedro as wingers.

supercrystal7 said:
Syth said:
Kun Aguero said:
I don't see why Argentina are being so hyped. The favourites for me will be Germany and Brazil. Germany will probably be the best in the world at the time, but Brazil have home advantage. Spain are reliant on Xavi as are Barcelona. If his form does not pick up then Spain won't win. Brazil, Italy and Germany are likely to all be a lot better this time next year.

Spain also have the problem with their first choice players the Barcelona lot and Silva not playing the same style of football as the more direct guys like Mata, Martinez, Navas
Argentina have the players available to reach a Final in my opinion and Messi will be as motivated as ever. I agree with what you said about Germany though the only problem I see for them is the heat and humidity in Brazil. If they manage to get used to it quickly then I can't see anyone stopping them.

Spain next year I believe will have some new faces in the squad, or at least they need to. Isco and Thiago have what it takes to get into that team in my opinion and they are needed. Their speed and dribbles will help Spain quite a lot. We'll see though, 1 year especially in football is a lot of time.

NipHolmes said:
Spain will still be favourites for the WC and rightfully so. They have been awesome for years and they will learn from last night and make sure it won't happen again.

If I was Del Bosque I'd 100% use Llorente and Negredo as options when they introduce Navas and Pedro as wingers.
Spain are not even close to Favouritism, Brazil are much Shorter at a best priced 7/2, Spain are 4th favourites behind Argentina and Germany at a best price 6/1.

Brazil saved their best performance until last yesterday, very impressive and worthy winners. The key was stopping their fullbacks from attacking, by really pressing them high up the pitch. Spain ended up being too narrow, and could do little with the ball attacking wise.

As for Brazil being WC favourites, that win will give them great confidence that they can beat anyone on the day. They showed they can rise to the occasion. Don't forget their formidable home record either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.