The Conservative Party

Thats it so whilst Hartlepool remains Tory and Labour didn't make the gains they hoped for and the Tories made two thats against the back drop of such a low turnout which makes any GE comparison hard to call for now - oh and that Tory number may go down by one soon

And that shockingly low turn out has a big influence on us over here...despite our (impotent) devolved government :-(

council elections are always low turnouts, 25 to 40%. There is far more media interest as this follows months of poor government, but front page coverage is not a great predictor of turnout.

Also the results are showing how divided the Tory opposition is, which is something they'll be clinging onto.

It’s that kind of apathy that the old guard thrive off.
Hardliners on either side will still turn out and you’re left with largely the same result when it comes to general elections.
This represents the huge amount of apathy to politics that is being generated. We saw the spitting around about Boris a few months ago but now we've now gone full circle and it's likely the whole lot of them were cheating and breaking the law whilst we were all locked up in our houses.

I know of no-one who voted yesterday, even I didn't and I actually follow politics. The only thing Labour offered me was the opportunity to give the Tories a kicking, how is that a local issue? I couldn't be bothered yesterday and I don't blame anyone for not voting.

Give people something to vote for and they'll turn up.

This represents the huge amount of apathy to politics that is being generated. We saw the spitting around about Boris a few months ago but now we've now gone full circle and it's likely the whole lot of them were cheating and breaking the law whilst we were all locked up in our houses.

I know of no-one who voted yesterday, even I didn't and I actually follow politics. The only thing Labour offered me was the opportunity to give the Tories a kicking, how is that a local issue? I couldn't be bothered yesterday and I don't blame anyone for not voting.

I’ve been there myself.

I'm still expecting one before the economy goes to shit.

Tories will win with a smaller majority looking at this so far.

It looks like the Tories "Everyone is the same" strategy has kept voters at home.s
I think Boris has timed out for a snap GE as now the Met will complete their findings and issue further fines and Sue Gray's full report will then be released.

Same here. And until we get actual politicians who actually work for the actual country I refuse to vote anymore for these shisters because its clearly getting worse.

I've seen scandal after scandal over the years and that's to be expected, but we're totally devoid of morals with one side and the other side are stealing a living.

Hated thatcher, still do, but politics needs someone like that right now to steer us out of this shit hole.

I think Boris has timed out for a snap GE as now the Met will complete their findings and issue further fines and Sue Gray's full report will then be released.
He could always call one and delay the release saying purdah.

The government now control the electoral commission and could do what they want in that regards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.