The Conservative Party/Government

At least with Cameron he was on the right side of the argument. He wrongly assumed the big hitter's in the party would help campaign for EU membership and the issue could be put to bed.

What he failed to account for was Russian dirty money and influence. And other tories who didn't really believe in Brexit jumping on the bandwagon as they new it was the best bet fir a future stab at the top job.

Johnson wanted remain to win but in campaigning to leave he wanted to win over the tory base. That self interest is what is now killing the tory party. Johnson had no idea what to do with Brexit.
Agree with every word mate

I know they had little chance of winning the election but this Tory campaign has been of such bad quality. It would be very difficult to do any worse.

Michael Gove off-his-tits on BBC Breakfast an hour ago. Blood-red in the face, super-animated and pulling strange ugly faces for the entire time the interviewer asks a question.

All I could think of was Spud at his interview in Trainspotting!

Michael Gove off-his-tits on BBC Breakfast an hour ago. Blood-red in the face, super-animated and pulling strange ugly faces for the entire time the interviewer asks a question.

All I could think of was Spud at his interview in Trainspotting!

he was in full-on trying to talk the time out mode, wasn't he?

"The government has admitted misleading Parliament in its response to a BBC report about former Afghan special forces being denied entry to the UK."

MoD admits to an error in an answer about whether UK Special forces had a veto on Afghan commandoes coming to the UK; they had an effective one, and it prevented any Afghans giving testimony on potential SAS wrongdoings.

I know the betting on the election date is a small issue in a world of bigger and more important issues, yet it is symptomatic of much that is wrong in political culture. Self-sacrifice and honour are trampled afoot in a last attempt to make a quid and get something for oneself as the ship sinks. Base.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.