The Conservative Party/Government

“The despair they have caused to the average person”.

Sanctimonious claptrap. You really do live in a dream world.
I must live in the same dream world, only it is a bad dream that never seems to end.
Since 2009 I have seen my wages cut by £8,500 in real terms (using the bank of England inflation calculator which uses the CPI instead of the more accurate and normallynhigher retail price index, that is before we consider the increased pension contributions, working longer and getting less, IF I live long enough to see it.
Now of course this has an impact on my quality of life, but whenit is taken across society, it also means that I couldnt afford trips to the pub, it has now closed withnthe loss of 20 jobs.
The chippy tea has become a treat for once every couple of months, meals out? Forget it, though the restaurant has closed anyway.
The hairdressers in the village, also closed. My sister's best mate's salon used to employ 7 stylists, now just two, the local town centre is a ghost town with only charity shops and pound shops left.
But hey on planet Tory everything is rosy.
Justbthank fuck this time next year they will be history and hopefully not even the party of opposition.

“The despair they have caused to the average person”.

Sanctimonious claptrap. You really do live in a dream world.
Is probably up there with one of the most appalling comments on this thread, and there's been many.....

You must live a very privileged existence if you think the actions of the current government hasn't caused many, many people absolute despair.

My brother in law is Muslim and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet, we've had plenty of laughs and good times over the years. He's a big Chelsea fan but that's an easy argument to win nowadays! Ultimately though this comes down to the difference between people and religion.

I can speak very highly of Muslims but I certainly question Islam as a religion because its differences can be harmful and can amount to the reduction of rights for some which everyone in the UK is legally entitled to.

Sharia just for example is imposed loosely within communities and this results in the oppression and reduction of rights for women and minorities. This is incompatible with or even illegal in UK law and certainly it is not representative of our way of life in the UK. We cannot accept this as part and parcel of a culture.

Obviously the answer to this is not weaponisation and hate, instead there should be dialogue with communities and appropriate protections put in place to protect vulnerable groups such as women and minorities. The likes of Farage and Anderson are completely wrong though and the only people who truly support them are racists and ignorants who know nothing about the issue.
I live and work in Oldham. Lots of Muslims live here and our office is pretty much 50/50 in representation.

Some I like and some not so much. But (surprise!) there's lots of whites that I like and other whites not so much too!

A person is much more than their ethnicity. There seems to be a tendency on this forum at the moment to label people as "good" or "bad" according to their colour. And whites seem to be the whipping boy/girl/whatever which is really strange.

It reminds me of the Orwell book Animal Farm at times.

It's ridiculous. Some people are good and some people are shits in whatever community. In fact, most people are a bit of both at times. In other words..."human."

You can think whatever you like if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside.
I’m pretty sure this real world you talk of is one I’ve inhabited for a long time and is nothing like the made up one you have in your head.
I suppose thick is relative isn’t it. I’ve done ok in my life thanks and can’t complain with what I have built up. Calling you a **** is just an automatic response because, well you come across as a massive ****.
Why would thinking about the problems the economy has faced - several of which have proved unprecedented in post-war history - make me feel warm and fuzzy? A very odd take.

I choose to recognise these problems, and place things in context, whereas I believe that you and numerous others on here choose not to do that. You prefer the blinkered approach and instead get your warm and fuzzy feeling by hating people such as myself and a small number of different entities.

Admittedly you don’t all hate the same things and different people exhibit this in different ways. It might be the Conservative Party or the Royal Family; most commonly both. But the main point is that you only appear happy when you’re slagging somebody off. Or, in your case, preaching to people. Either way it’s not healthy and the way you all obsess over people like Liz Truss is just weird. And your language as well, really very poor and low rent.

If tax cuts are introduced in the March budget then apparently it is being speculated that public services is the area where they will look to claw back money.

No idea how, they are decimated as it is.
We need a strong infrastructure. Without it is where people really suffer and division breeds

Why would thinking about the problems the economy has faced - several of which have proved unprecedented in post-war history - make me feel warm and fuzzy? A very odd take.

I choose to recognise these problems, and place things in context, whereas I believe that you and numerous others on here choose not to do that. You prefer the blinkered approach and instead get your warm and fuzzy feeling by hating people such as myself and a small number of different entities.

Admittedly you don’t all hate the same things and different people exhibit this in different ways. It might be the Conservative Party or the Royal Family; most commonly both. But the main point is that you only appear happy when you’re slagging somebody off. Or, in your case, preaching to people. Either way it’s not healthy and the way you all obsess over people like Liz Truss is just weird. And your language as well, really very poor and low rent.
The warm and fuzzy wasn’t in relation to the economy as you know. But deflection is king in your world so not surprised you went there.

Your government has been in charge for the best part of 15 fucking years and the U.K. is in a mess right now so good on you for recognising those problems. What a man. I don’t hate you, I just think from reading your posts on anything government related shows you up for being out of touch, which is hilarious really when you accuse others of not knowing what’s going on in the real world.

Now the language thing you’ve decided to grasp onto, I can call you whatever you want in 4 languages if you prefer but it’ll still amount to the same thing. In my life I’ve learnt when to be respectful and use languages that is warranted in whatever circumstances I find myself in.
You’ll get nothing but disdain because your views warrant said disdain.
You’ve done your best to try and belittle with your faux intelligence but like I said previously, intelligence is defined in different ways.
I’ll be retired in Mexico if all goes to plan in the next 18 months once my properties and businesses around Europe are sold.
I’m not low rent, just a low threshold for people who believe they are better than others.
Growing up on a council estate tends to keep you fairly grounded when you do well later on, or it has me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.