The Conservative Party/Government

So optics and vibes. Didn't matter what she did?
I recognise my crime is that I’m not totally ripping into a Tory and that will obviously get blowback as a result.

I didn’t agree with her politics, Windrush was dreadful along with other really shit things she did as Home Secretary.

However, my point was that she is nowhere near as toxic as what has replaced her in power.

I recognise that the Starmer and Labour threads are dominated by people who have a very small window of what is acceptable in a politician, and it’s largely why the Tories get in for the vast majority of the time.

May, whilst not representing what I would vote for in an MP, at least acted like an MP, acknowledged parliamentary procedure and protocol and was respectful.

Nearly 4 million people on benefits.
now I'm bit gonna bash everyone who genuinely needs it. Indeed my father needed some help a few years ago. Fair enough.
But I'm reading that a lot are citing mental health, what ever happened to the hard working British, we use to be one of the best in the world!?
The issue I have with this is that the middle earners like me are being squeezed more and more and footing the bill for some of these bone idle lazy sods.
I really hope what ever government comes in sorts this out as its an utter disgrace.

There has been a very worrying upturn in the percentage of people with a mental health disability in the last decade and particularly post COVID. The last HoC disability stats briefing paper states four potential reasons for this but none of those reasons were 'swinging the lead' as it were, so I'm wondering why you think that is the primary cause for the upturn?

Most research suggests that economic pressures and things like job insecurity are significant drivers of mental health issues. When you also factor in how shit a wide variety of life outcomes are for people on disability benefits compared to the broader population, it doesn't seem very plausible that large numbers of people are voluntarily chucking themselves on that bonfire for an easier life.

I completely agree a large proportion of the population is being squeezed; I'm just not sure where the data says that other people being lazy sods is the cause of this. Personally I can see much more obvious causes for this, mostly around government policy and incompetence.

I recognise my crime is that I’m not totally ripping into a Tory and that will obviously get blowback as a result.

I didn’t agree with her politics, Windrush was dreadful along with other really shit things she did as Home Secretary.

However, my point was that she is nowhere near as toxic as what has replaced her in power.

I recognise that the Starmer and Labour threads are dominated by people who have a very small window of what is acceptable in a politician, and it’s largely why the Tories get in for the vast majority of the time.

May, whilst not representing what I would vote for in an MP, at least acted like an MP, acknowledged parliamentary procedure and protocol and was respectful.

No crime but that's where we disagree. She may have acted like an MP, but she was still a ****. I see us going the same way with Starmer.

No crime but that's where we disagree. She may have acted like an MP, but she was still a ****. I see us going the same way with Starmer.
Hence my comment about your window of acceptance of what is allowed in an MP shaping how Parliament is made up.

Tories hold their nose and vote for their candidate.

Labour left would rather be pure and not vote for a centrist candidate, meaning the Overton window is further right than it need be.

Nearly 4 million people on benefits.
now I'm bit gonna bash everyone who genuinely needs it. Indeed my father needed some help a few years ago. Fair enough.
But I'm reading that a lot are citing mental health, what ever happened to the hard working British, we use to be one of the best in the world!?
The issue I have with this is that the middle earners like me are being squeezed more and more and footing the bill for some of these bone idle lazy sods.
I really hope what ever government comes in sorts this out as its an utter disgrace.

You do realise that the

1. state pension is classed as a ''benefit''.
  2. majority of people on 'benefits' are in work.
  3. Personal Independence Payments made to the seriously disabled and terminally ill are classed as ''benefits''
  4. Carers who look after the seriously disabled and terminally ill receive a weekly allowance of £76.75 .... which is also a benefit

IMG_2224.PNG

Now stop and have a think about who really ''benefits'' from Britains benefit system. ......and please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express

You do realise that the

3. Personal Independence Payments made to the seriously disabled and terminally ill are classed as ''benefits''
  4. Carers who look after the seriously disabled and terminally ill receive a weekly allowance of £76.75 .... which is also a benefit

View attachment 110178

Now stop and have a think about who really ''benefits'' from Britains benefit system. ......and please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express
Imo, It’s a bloody nerve the Government claiming State Pensions as a benefit as in the majority of cases, those receiving it have contributed to it for many years.

Imo, It’s a bloody nerve the Government claiming State Pensions as a benefit as in the majority of cases, those receiving it have contributed to it for many years.

But if you didn't class it as a benefit then you couldn't change the age at which the ''benefit'' is paid! Even more importantly you couldn't steal money from the 50's women and use it to pay down the National Debt (which despite that is still the highest ever)

But if you didn't class it as a benefit then you couldn't change the age at which the ''benefit'' is paid! Even more importantly you couldn't steal money from the 50's women and use it to pay down the National Debt (which despite that is still the highest ever)
It’s just a niggle I have with the terminology. You pay in all your working days ( knowing it’s for your OAP pension) for them to want you to make you feel like you should be grateful when they start to give you it back, saying it’s a benefit

You do realise that the

View attachment 110178

You've not read my post properly.
All I was pointing out that there are certain people who just abuse the system and its costing the economy a lot of money.
You don't need to give me a lecture with all respect plus I don't view a pension as a benefit after I've worked my arse off all my life.

You've not read my post properly.
All I was pointing out that there are certain people who just abuse the system and its costing the economy a lot of money.
You don't need to give me a lecture with all respect plus I don't view a pension as a benefit after I've worked my arse off all my life.

Benefits fraud is but a fraction of the tax dodged by the wealthy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.