The Conservative Party/Government

You've not read my post properly.
All I was pointing out that there are certain people who just abuse the system and its costing the economy a lot of money.
You don't need to give me a lecture with all respect plus I don't view a pension as a benefit after I've worked my arse off all my life.

Thing is .... we all know there are certain people who abuse the system ... they are few and far between but stand out like a sore thumb... but the Tories want to demonise all those on ''benefits'' because it allows them to fuck them over.

To be paid £75 a week / 52 weeks a year to look after someone who is seriously disabled or terminally ill is nothing more than scandalous.

To use the money saved by changing the state pension age to reduce the National Debt (run up by the Conservatives ) is criminal.

You do realise that the

1. state pension is classed as a ''benefit''.
  2. majority of people on 'benefits' are in work.
  3. Personal Independence Payments made to the seriously disabled and terminally ill are classed as ''benefits''
  4. Carers who look after the seriously disabled and terminally ill receive a weekly allowance of £76.75 .... which is also a benefit

View attachment 110178

Now stop and have a think about who really ''benefits'' from Britains benefit system. ......and please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express
There are 12 million people getting the state pension, so it's not part of that 4 million.

Today prog interview with Gove.

So Govey (no they didn't call him that), if someone gives the ruling political party £10m and gets a multi-million pound government contract, and says a black woman MP should be shot, is that extremism?

(Here or in the "Is the BBC a Conservative tool?" thread?)

There are 12 million people getting the state pension, so it's not part of that 4 million.

I know that .... but the post was about the demonisation of those on benefits. The Tories are already banging on about getting those that are capable of working returning to the workforce... and we know that means people of a pensionable age.

I know that .... but the post was about the demonisation of those on benefits. The Tories are already banging on about getting those that are capable of working returning to the workforce... and we know that means people of a pensionable age.
Why shouldn’t people capable of work, who are economically inactive and currently claiming benefits be encouraged to return to the workforce?

Why shouldn’t people capable of work, who are economically inactive and currently claiming benefits be encouraged to return to the workforce?
Because it's your nasty party where "encourage" means cutting benefit if you're deemed to have failed to find work.

From the RNIB:
The aim of the changes is that more people, including those with limited mobility and mental health conditions, could in future be declared fit for work. RNIB responded to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) consultation held in October on this issue to express our concerns about how these could affect claimants.

Many people receiving ESA currently qualify for LCWRA (limited capacity for work-related activity) on what are known as the substantial risk provisions. This is where a claimant can be treated as having LCWRA if there would be a substantial risk to their mental or physical health, or to the physical or mental health of someone else, if they were found not to have LCWRA.

People with severe sight loss have so far been deemed to have LCWRA. The new changes would limit the “substantial risk” provision only to those with “active psychotic illness”. Other conditions, including severe sight loss, will no longer qualify.

The state pension is a benefit based on NI contributions, which is fair enough.

However, people who accept this argument are often unwilling to accept that there are other benefits available that are also based on your NI contributions. This is the origin of the concept of National Insurance. These benefits are just as valid as the state pension.

The reason some people hate the idea of the state pension being a 'benefit' is that 'benefit' has been turned into a dirty word for squalid and dishonest political reasons. It should not be.

Only the very poorest claim benefits that are means-tested rather than based on contributions. What is the alternative? Workhouses? Beggars in the street?

Of course, some people fiddle the system. But not nearly so many as fiddle the tax system, and the latter fiddling dwarfs the former in terms of damage to the Treasury. So why not get annoyed about being squeezed by tax fiddlers? Just for a change. Because we all are, if we pay our proper tax.

Because it's your nasty party where "encourage" means cutting benefit if you're deemed to have failed to find work.

From the RNIB:
The aim of the changes is that more people, including those with limited mobility and mental health conditions, could in future be declared fit for work. RNIB responded to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) consultation held in October on this issue to express our concerns about how these could affect claimants.

Many people receiving ESA currently qualify for LCWRA (limited capacity for work-related activity) on what are known as the substantial risk provisions. This is where a claimant can be treated as having LCWRA if there would be a substantial risk to their mental or physical health, or to the physical or mental health of someone else, if they were found not to have LCWRA.

People with severe sight loss have so far been deemed to have LCWRA. The new changes would limit the “substantial risk” provision only to those with “active psychotic illness”. Other conditions, including severe sight loss, will no longer qualify.
Have you ever considered the idea that getting people into the workforce, having greater social interaction, greater levels of independence and so on is actually beneficial to people, rather than simply placing them on benefits and forgetting about them?

You do realise that the

1. state pension is classed as a ''benefit''.
  2. majority of people on 'benefits' are in work.
  3. Personal Independence Payments made to the seriously disabled and terminally ill are classed as ''benefits''
  4. Carers who look after the seriously disabled and terminally ill receive a weekly allowance of £76.75 .... which is also a benefit

View attachment 110178

Now stop and have a think about who really ''benefits'' from Britains benefit system. ......and please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express
The amount of working tax credits and housing benefits paid to workers at major supermarkets appear to be an utter disgrace, however the criticism of the supermarkets can only be valid if the numbers apply to those working full time. Surely nobody would expect a Tesco employee doing 20 hours a week to earn enough to survive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.