The Conservative Party

More shit in our seas and on our beaches.

Will this lot get a grip and stop companies polluting our rivers and seas.

Not surprised we're seeing the return of 19th century and early 20th century diseases.

Free speech now a thing of the past , somebody arrested for holding a placard proclaiming “ not my King “ . No offensive language, no threat of violence, just a simple statement and it seems the country is comfortable with that .
Those wonderful new protests laws eh...

Free speech now a thing of the past , somebody arrested for holding a placard proclaiming “ not my King “ . No offensive language, no threat of violence, just a simple statement and it seems the country is comfortable with that .
I posted in the British Monarchy thread, and run a risk of getting off topic (Tory party);

Isn't this just a new interpretation of very old treason laws? This isn't new protest laws, I don't think. If I'm right (probably won't be) then the police have no choice but to act on ridiculous laws out of step with society and it goes to show what having a Monarchy is actually about; falling in line

Edit; Not My King person wasn't arrested just asked to move out of the way of a flow of people area, and was moved to the other side of the road.

Last edited:
I posted in the British Monarchy thread, and run a risk of getting off topic (Tory party);

Isn't this just a new interpretation of very old treason laws? This isn't new protest laws, I don't think. If I'm right (probably won't be) then the police have no choice but to act on ridiculous laws out of step with society and it goes to show what having a Monarchy is actually about; falling in line

Edit; Not My King person wasn't arrested just asked to move out of the way of a flow of people area, and was moved to the other side of the road.

I was listening to a guy earlier who was arrested in Norwich when they were reading out the declaration of the new King. He was walking past and just said "who elected him? " and was set upon by security and passed to Police who arrested him. When he challenged them they said he was arrested under the new protest laws but were vague about what and why. He was taken to the station and the struggled to find what they could charge him with and hold him and eventually de-arrested him saying he may yet be called back for interview ( presuming if they can make something vaguely stick ).

The new laws are unworkable and will just lead to lots of appeals and cases against the Police by ( lefty lol ) lawyers because people get wrongfully arrested. Basically it turns out " Patel doesn't like it and needs to appeal to the rabid Right" wasn't a valid basis in law after all.

I was listening to a guy earlier who was arrested in Norwich when they were reading out the declaration of the new King. He was walking past and just said "who elected him? " and was set upon by security and passed to Police who arrested him. When he challenged them they said he was arrested under the new protest laws but were vague about what and why. He was taken to the station and the struggled to find what they could charge him with and hold him and eventually de-arrested him saying he may yet be called back for interview ( presuming if they can make something vaguely stick ).

The new laws are unworkable and will just lead to lots of appeals and cases against the Police by ( lefty lol ) lawyers because people get wrongfully arrested. Basically it turns out " Patel doesn't like it and needs to appeal to the rabid Right" wasn't a valid basis in law after all.
Groan. It's such a mess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.