The Conservative Party

The independent reporting it as "Truss is Fucked."
The independent article has an interesting quote: “The issue is government fiscal policy is opposite to Bank of England monetary policy – so they are fighting each other. What Kwasi gives, the Bank takes away ... You cannot have monetary policy and fiscal policy at loggerheads.

Absolutely correct. The government need to realign the BoE's inflation targets and remit, or else all the benefits of the tax cuts will be wiped out. As I have repeatedly said, interest rate rises right now are absolutely the wrong thing to do, but under its current remit, the BoE is kind of obligated to impose them. Their brief does extend to keeping inflation around 2% in the medium term however, so they have some leeway.

Let me translate this for you @The Light Was Yellow Sir

"Yes, I know we've driven the car over a cliff, but we've not hit the ground yet so it's too early to say things are going badly"
Let’s hope either Arthur Dent or Trillion pulls the infinite improbability drive and a mattress suddenly appears at the bottom of the cliff…..

Reactions: mat
Would Boris Johnson win a leadership election if Liz Truss got booted out?
He would make the final two, with Sunak, but I would think Johnson would like Truss to last a bit longer so that he can write his books, do his speeches and earn some dough before getting back into it.

Let me translate this for you @The Light Was Yellow Sir

"Yes, I know we've driven the car over a cliff, but we've not hit the ground yet so it's too early to say things are going badly"
It's like the matchday forum on here at times. 0-2 down and the loonies are all saying we've lost with 30 minutes still left to play. Only in this case we have 89 minutes left. The budget was less than 1 day ago FFS.

It's like the matchday forum on here at times. 0-2 down and the loonies are all saying we've lost with 30 minutes still left to play. Only in this case we have 89 minutes left. The budget was less than 1 day ago FFS.
Where is VAR when you need it

Goggle eyes could have his play cancelled

Can we get away from the misconception that this government want to help the less off. They don’t, they hate the scroungers and if they were no more, by whatever means, then they’d be content.

They only like them/us when we're working in poorly paid jobs creating vast wealth for themselves and their chums. Pensioners and the disabled they want dead as soon as possible and they're doing quite a good job ensuring that happens. In fact it's probably the only thing they've done/are doing with great success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.