The Conservative Party

They really have no idea about how the normal person lives.
Do they think that cuts in corporation tax and increasing the inheritance tax threshold will WIN them votes when they have cut services to the bone

They really have no idea about how the normal person lives.
Do they think that cuts in corporation tax and increasing the inheritance tax threshold will WIN them votes when they have cut services to the bone
When do these so called tax cuts come into effect, before they get voted out or after?

If they actually manage to get in. Just empty rhetoric, they’re just garnering a vote that certain people will no doubt vote for.

All the same, I think now!

Less than 4% of the estates of the dead pay inheritance tax. A 1% cut to IC benefits the top 1% more than it does the bottom 50% but even that is dwarfed by what is happening to peoples incomes and costs - it wouldn't even touch the sides and cripple public services even more. All that needs to happen is all opposition parties explain this in pounds shillings and pence to voters and it becomes redundant at any GE.

Simple fact is they have spent 13 years warping political and economic reality - wherever you look their rhetoric is failing to land in sufficient volume. We know their party membership is becoming vanishingly small. Their policies are affecting traditional support- self employed abandoned through furlough to mortgage rates and so on - when it comes to the vote so many people won't have a small boat occupant with them but will face huge mortgage price increases - we are in the zone now where for most the cosy feeling that their home becomes more valuable by a few %age points per year to facing up to the fact the kids are 30 and 35 and still living there coz they can't afford a home of their own.

Its not so much about how many votes Labour pull in its about how many Tory voters pass at the next GE and sit on their hands is dissatisfaction over what their party has done.

Less than 4% of the estates of the dead pay inheritance tax. A 1% cut to IC benefits the top 1% more than it does the bottom 50% but even that is dwarfed by what is happening to peoples incomes and costs - it wouldn't even touch the sides and cripple public services even more. All that needs to happen is all opposition parties explain this in pounds shillings and pence to voters and it becomes redundant at any GE.

Simple fact is they have spent 13 years warping political and economic reality - wherever you look their rhetoric is failing to land in sufficient volume. We know their party membership is becoming vanishingly small. Their policies are affecting traditional support- self employed abandoned through furlough to mortgage rates and so on - when it comes to the vote so many people won't have a small boat occupant with them but will face huge mortgage price increases - we are in the zone now where for most the cosy feeling that their home becomes more valuable by a few %age points per year to facing up to the fact the kids are 30 and 35 and still living there coz they can't afford a home of their own.

Its not so much about how many votes Labour pull in its about how many Tory voters pass at the next GE and sit on their hands is dissatisfaction over what their party has done.
Let's face it Brexit is the only reason why the Tories have pulled ahead over the years. They failed on a majority in 2010 and I think nothing has really changed in the electorate since then. I actually didn't mind Cameron, I think today he'd take Starmer to the finish line but the Tories have since transformed into something very ugly and now most people just want them out.

The Tories need a total reset by way of demolishing the moronic elements like the ERG, I thought it'd happen under Sunak but clearly they're powerful behind the scenes. Ultimately those elements are the reason why the Tories are facing oblivion.

Brexit won't help them this time and with their current policy I just can't see anything other than a big Labour majority. I can only see a result that is something like Blair in 97 which in itself would be a massive achievement without Scotland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.