The Conservative Party

If you are single on a 16hr contract you can claim around £60pw UC on the proposed wage rise from Tesco when they get around to it. Is there any reason why the taxpayer should be doing that for workers at a business that posts that level of profits?
My Mrs works at Sainsburys - they provide free food for staff ( mostly the stuff that would be reduced to help poorer customers ) because they know the alternative would be a higher wage claim.

If you are single on a 16hr contract you can claim around £60pw UC on the proposed wage rise from Tesco when they get around to it. Is there any reason why the taxpayer should be doing that for workers at a business that posts that level of profits?
My Mrs works at Sainsburys - they provide free food for staff ( mostly the stuff that would be reduced to help poorer customers ) because they know the alternative would be a higher wage claim.

I was unaware of this, probably why they announced this morning that staff would get a 1.5% bonus due to the profit announcement. Every little helps, apparently.

so doing 16hrs pw on £12.02 per hour will result in a bonus of £150.00. Thats 80% of your weekly wage .......
But staff aren’t on that wage yet. The bonus arguably covers the later implementation of the rise so it’s not really a bonus.

But staff aren’t on that wage yet. The bonus arguably covers the later implementation of the rise so it’s not really a bonus.

Oh so its " look in my eyes look in my eyes and not at your payslip" kind of jiggery pokery? They are playing hard and fast with the rules to save £2.50 per employee on their bonus? Epic cuntery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.